Star for Life
Star for Life (SFL) is a nonprofit organisation with the mission to inspire young people to value learning, acquire the knowledge and skills they need for productive work, and live healthy and meaningful lives. SFL has developed a unique set of programmes and workshops that we are currently running in 88 High Schools in South Africa and Namibia to add value to the regular Life Orientation curriculum. Our method empowers learners with self-esteem and internal incentives to adopt positive attitudes and constructive behaviours.
SFL seeks to appoint a Nurse, to be based in Johannesburg.
This is a one year renewable contract.
The Nurse will work closely with the Mobile Health Unit Project Coordinator providing health screening, conduct health education in schools and targeted communities and provide general nursing care in line with the strategic objectives of the SFL Mobile Health Unit.
- Provide basic health care services within the capacity of the organisation
- Provide health screening
- Assist in the HIV testing and counselling
- Conduct health education in schools on specific matters in line with the programme
- Order all necessary material and medical supplies timeously
- Ensure that all necessary materials are kept ready for workshops and other
- Matric /Grade 12+ National Diploma in Nursing
- Registered with the SANC as a registered nurse
- One to two years’ experience in a similar or related position
- NIMART trained will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS guidelines and Sexual Reproductive Health Rights
- Understanding of the Integrated School Health Programme
- Experience working with children and/or youth will be an advantage
- Valid code 10 driver’s license
- Knowledge of the Nursing council’s regulations
- Knowledge of the National Health’s Act
- Fluency in English and other vernacular language
- General nursing care skills
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure in an emotionally challenged setting
- Ability to communicate in English and other vernacular language
- Ability to work with vulnerable children and/or youth
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
To apply, submit a CV, relevant qualifications and motivation letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position you are applying for in the subject line or fax (035) 562 0422.
For more information, contact: Ms Sharon Mbambo (035) 7531338.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Should no feedback be received within two weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was not successful.
For more about Star For Life, refer to www.starforlife.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies