Tekano is inspired by the achievable dream of building a more equal South Africa in which all people enjoy better health and wellbeing. Our name derives from the Sesotho word for “equality” and speaks to our goal of social justice.
Tekano seeks to recruit an experienced Office Administrator. The Administrator will contribute to the success of Tekano by providing administrative support, providing reception and personal assistant services, and overseeing general office requirements.
- Acts as Personal Assistant to the CEO and other staff within Tekano. This includes correspondence and diary management as well as support with travel arrangements.
- Performs all office receptionist related duties.
- Logistics management for meetings.
- Appropriate processing and management of relevant incoming email, post, enquiries and requests for meetings.
- Manages travel arrangements for all staff and the Board, including travel allowances or reimbursements
- Develops and maintains the organisational calendar.
- Liaises with the outsourced IT support as and when necessary.
- Administers all Tekano’s insurances including staff travel assurance.
- Maintains minutes of internal and external meetings.
- Establishes and maintains the organisational filing system.
- Maintains petty-cash and reporting as required by the Accountant.
- Purchases and manages sufficient levels of office supplies, including kitchen consumables.
- Coordinates and oversees office equipment purchasing and maintenance.
- Maintains and manages the asset inventory and compiling periodical reports.
Diploma or professional qualification in administration.
3 Years’ administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Computer literacy and competence in MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skills, coupled with a strong ability to plan, organise and control.
- Comfortable with diversity and respectful of a wide range of faiths, beliefs and experiences.
- Commitment and dedication to promoting health equity in South Africa is crucial.
- Driven by passion and a vision for a better future coupled with intentional action with the goal of bringing about social change.
- The ability to, in an environment of cultural diversity, build and sustain a culture that enables critical reflection, transparency, dignity, mutual recognition and support.
To apply, submit a CV with contactable references to email@example.com on or before 26 May 2017 close of business.
No telephonic queries please. Only finalists will be contacted