Greenpeace Africa is an environmental campaigning organisation with offices in Southern, Western and Central Africa.
Greenpeace Africa seeks to appoint a Climate and Energy Mobilisation Officer, based in Johannesburg.
The incumbent will be expected to develop strong local volunteer groups across campaign locations in Southern Africa and community and grassroots networks that link key communities to Greenpeace programme objectives with specific focus on the Climate and Energy Campaign and to develop a mobilisation strategy for the assigned campaign(s) in line with the overarching GP Africa mobilisation strategy and roll-out plans.
- Prioritise, organise and/or participate in public engagement projects and activities that will build public support for the organisation
- Assist in developing and implementing open campaigns and other mobilisation tactics foster learning within the team and with partners and supporters
- Foster relationships and prioritise shared actions with potential NGOs, Community Based Organisation (CBOs) and Faith Based Organisations in priority areas
- Liaise with online and offline public engagement staff in the broader Greenpeace world to stay up to date with contemporary Greenpeace engagement techniques
- Build and cultivate relationships with existing and potential communities, allies, supporters
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications and International Development (or similar)
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Proven success record in marketing and branding and/or mobilisation strategies, knowledge of marketing and mobilising techniques
- Experience in working in an NGO or CBO
- Ability to conceive and implement ideas single-handedly as well as ensure that those around deliver work in a collaborative manner
- Embrace Diversity
To apply, submit your CV and covering letter to the Human Resources Officer email@example.com stating the position they are applying for in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Greenpeace offers market related salary.
Should you not receive correspondence within 20 days from the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.
For more about Greenpeace Africa, refer to www.greenpeace.org/africa/en
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies