Hlumelelisa is a nonprofit organisation that provides SETA-accredited horticultural training to sentenced offenders at various Correctional Facilities (prisons) in the Gauteng region. It takes a holistic approach and includes personal development and life skills with the aim of making these people employable when they are released. It also creates work opportunities as many of our trainers are ex-offenders. The organisation assists offenders to regain their humanity and self-respect and develop a sense of hope for the future.
Hlumelelisa seeks to appoint a Chief Operating Officer, based in Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the operational functions of the organisation. S/he is expected to be passionate and committed to the development of people, and the mission and vision of the organisation.
- Manage and coordinate all the operational, human resources and financial requirements of Hlumelelisa
- Identify fundraising opportunities and manage the compilation and dissemination of funding proposals, reports and general communications
- Review and implement Hlumelelisa strategy and programme priorities
- Build the profile and promote the brand of the organisation
- Ensure proper governance and compliance with all regulations and good business practices
- Ensure regular and accurate communication with all stakeholders, included funders and the management board
- Tertiary qualification
- Minimum three years’ experience in a Management or Deputy Manager’s position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Computer literate and proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and various other Microsoft applications.
- A valid driver’s licence
- Demonstrated ability to think flexibly across business functions and lead integrated execution processes
- Leadership skills and demonstrable management experience including supervising a multi-cultural team
- Ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines
- Ability to take responsibility, show initiative, be self-motivated and resourceful
- Must be a communicator and team player
- Must have strong inter-personal skills
- This is a challenging multi-faceted role within a dynamic and expanding NGO that requires strong operational leadership to ensure effective strategy and policy execution to achieve sustainable growth over the long term
To apply, submit your CV, letter of motivation including reference to your current earnings and names and contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Hlumelelisa, refer to hlumelelisa.blogspot.com
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies