Sonke Gender Justice
With a full-time staff of 100 people working from offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Agincourt, Sonke works globally, and especially across Africa, to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS. In this way the organisation contributes to the development of societies in which men, women, youth and children can enjoy equitable, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of just and democratic societies (see www.http://www.genderjustice.org.za).
About the position
The Registered Nurse will run wellness programmes at the Wellness Centre and in the City Metro’s Key Populations intervention centres, in coordination with three Senior Trainers from Sonke’s Cape Town offices.
Remuneration: R180 000 – R192 000
The work at the Wellness Centre aim to increase uptake of medical health services such as screening for High Blood Pressure, diabetes, HIV testing, including Medical Male Circumcision. The incumbent will be expected to take the same services to the Key Populations (such as refugees and migrants) in various areas at the City of Cape Town. The second aim is to mobilise communities to challenge Gender Based Violence through the promotion of gender equality strategies so as to reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS exacerbated by gender inequalities.
- Screens and enrolls clients according to specific protocol requirements.
- Responsible for the Informed Consent Process per the SOPs.
- Provide care to all clients at the wellness centre and within the targeted mobile testing centres.
- Safely and effectively administer blood draws by accurately documenting the administration of blood draws in the source document.
- Responsible for gathering necessary information and conducting referrals with relevant DOH Primary Health Care centers.
- Responsible for reviewing inclusion and exclusion criteria as stipulated by the nursing profession.
- Responsible for completing source documents and assisting the iAlarm study with data transcription onto the Case Report Form (CRF)
- Ensure the diagnostic specimens are packaged per the guidelines
- Completes medical screening/enrollment log on a daily basis.
- Fill in Lab request forms
- Record samples, temperatures and blood on study forms
- Nursing Degree
- Registered with SANC
- HIV counselling and testing
- Must have NIMART (Nurse initiated management of ART) certification and primary health care certification
- Prior experience will be an advantage
- Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae (not more than 5 pages), motivation letter and contact details of two referees detailing experience to Sonke’s H.R. Unit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org closing date 26 April 2017
- For non South Africans attaining of the work permit from the Dept. Of Home Affairs is the responsibility of the applicant and employment will depend on a valid work permit being in place
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted. The organisation reserves the right not to make an appointment
- If you do not hear from us by 30 May 2017, please consider your application unsuccessful