Give a Child a Family
From humble beginnings but through commitment and perseverance of a group of people, the Place of Restoration Trust was born in 1992. Just as a little seed is planted in the ground by the farmer, there was great expectancy that it should grow and prosper. With a dream and a seed of R20.00 given to Basil and Monica Woodhouse as the founders, the organisation has become a BIG TREE and is still growing! Inspired by the scripture in James 1:27” Pure Religion in the eyes of the Lord is to care for the orphans and widows”, this still guides the organisation up to present times.
Give a Child a Family seeks to appoint a Coordinator - Child Care, based in KwaZulu-Natal.
Ref. no. 2017/02
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Working hours: Monday - Friday from 08h00 - 16h30; on call per rotation roster
- Grade 12
- Preferred qualification ND in Child and Youth Development or BA in Social Work
- Ability to communicate in English (speaking, reading, writing) and isiZulu
- Administrative skills
- Computer literacy
- Minimum three years' experience in supervising Child and Youth Care Workers in residential care
- Experience in mentoring and coaching staff
- Ability to manage and supervise staff
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Team player and lead others by example
To apply, submit your CV and cover letter to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 039 3172945 for the attention of Maria Hufner.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Applicants who have not been contacted by 26th May 2017 should consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
Give a Child a Family is a Faith Based Organisation as well as an equal opportunity employer.
For more about Give a Child a Family, refer to www.gcf.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies