African Solutions to African Problems (ASAP) Foundation
African Solutions to African Problems (ASAP) Foundation identifies rural women caring for orphans and vulnerable children in their communities and develops their skills and knowledge so that they are able to create sustainable community care centres tending to the children’s health and wellbeing.
The ASAP Foundation seeks to appoint a Board Treasurer, based in Cape Town.
The successful candidate will serve on the Board of Trustees.
This is a voluntary position and the average term of service is three years and you should be based in South Africa.
Provide support to the Board, ASAP ED and SA accountants by:
- Instituting and monitoring strong financial controls of SA accounts to ensure legal compliance and a clean audit year on year
- Checking and raising any queries on monthly accounts/financial info presented by SA accountant
- Maintaining the bank accounts in tandem with ED and ASAP accountant
- Instituting policies which govern the use of/movements of funds between each of the 3 ASAP entities, ensuring ASAP beneficiaries are best served by each
- Signing off draft year end accounts and audited AFS
- Reports – Keeping the board regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of ASAP fiscal health for SA entity
- Financial policies – overseeing the development and adoption of key financial policies within the organisation
- Budgets – Checking the annual budget before presentation and comparing the actual revenues and expenses incurred against the budget as presented by ED and ASAP Accountant at each meeting
- Finance Committee – Serving as Chair of the Finance Committee, which meets the week before each Board meeting to review the financial information presented by the ED and ASAP Accountant
- Attend ASAP Board meetings 4 times a year by teleconference
To apply, submit your CV and letter of motivation to Executive Director Serai Herbst firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about African Solutions to African Problems Foundation, refer to www.africansolutions.org
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities