Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR)
The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) is an independent, non-governmental Pan-African organisation, based in Cape Town, South Africa. Over the past 48 years, it has worked to promote constructive, creative, and co-operative approaches to the resolution of conflicts and the reduction of violence in Africa. The Centre has produced ground-breaking research on African security and governance issues, conducted extensive capacity-building training, and facilitated peace processes across Africa.
CCR seeks to appoint a Senior Project Officer / Project Officer, based in Cape Town.
CCR's Capacity Building and Training (CBT) project conducts training in gender, human rights, and peacekeeping and militaries. It provides conflict resolution support and training in African countries such as South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Burundi and South Sudan.
- To prepare and implement strategic and operational plans for the CBT project that fit within the overall mission of CCR
- To design and implement training programmes and other interventions
- To assess, monitor and evaluate interventions
- To build and maintain the profile of the CBT project within CCR and with external role-players
- To assist in the financial management of the project
- To manage the administration for projects
- To coordinate resource panellists to deliver training interventions
- A PhD degree in Conflict Resolution; Peace Studies; Social Sciences, African Politics, Gender, or in a related field or A Master's degree in Conflict Resolution; Peace Studies; Social Sciences, African Politics, Gender, or in a related field
- At least five years of experience in training and/or education, of which one to two years should preferably be specialist experience in the field of conflict resolution or mediation in Africa
- Knowledge of conflict management, mediation, and transformation training methodologies and best practices; African conflict resolution issues; peacebuilding and region building; African politics and governance issues; security and development; human rights; and regional and international organisations
- Verbal, written, and presentation skills in English
- Analytical, organising, and planning skills
- Proven experience in writing training materials
- Financial literacy
- Computer literacy, i.e. Microsoft Office and internet
- Knowledge and training experience on gender, transforming patriarchy, and masculinities
- Knowledge and experience of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) environment
- Practical experience in the field of African politics and conflict transformation
- Political networks in Africa
- Working knowledge of French
To apply, please submit your CV; an unpublished writing sample of about 10 pages; and a letter of application, motivating why you believe you are suitable for the post, to Mr Fritz Brand, Senior Manager: Human Resources and Administration at CCR firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Vacancy" - followed by the position you are applying for - followed by your name.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
This position involves national and international travel.
For more about the Centre for Conflict Resolution, refer to www.ccr.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies