Coalition of African Lesbians
The Coalition of African Lesbians (CAL) is a feminist, activist and pan Africanist network of 14 organisations in 11 countries in sub-Saharan Africa committed to advancing freedom, justice and bodily autonomy for all women on the African continent and beyond.
CAL seeks Expressions of Interest from suitable candidates to undertake a Mid-term Review between April and June 2017.
The Consultancy may be awarded to an individual or a team of consultants either in an organisation or working as independent consultants.
Purpose of the mid-term review
- To assess the effectiveness of CAL in contributing to the outcomes and impact it seeks as per CAL’s results based management framework
- To identify the factors that help and/or hinder the contribution of CAL to the outcomes and impact it seeks
- To make recommendations on measures to ensure CAL is able to make its best contribution to the outcomes and impact it seeks as per CAL’s results based management framework
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Have knowledge, skill and experience in women’s movements and feminist organising
- Have experience in evaluation within the non-profit sector using participatory, feminist evaluation approaches
- Have a deep understanding of social justice work and the movements that lead this work
- Have an understanding of the current political, economic and social context on the African continent, the geopolitical landscape and organising in hostile contexts
Language proficiency in more than one of the following languages represents a strong advantage: English, French, Portuguese, and Swahili. Priority will be given to candidates who are women, black and African.
Time frames: The review will start on 10 April and end on 30 June 2017.
Expressions of Interest should include
- An up to date CV and company/organisational profile where relevant
- A letter of motivation, expressing interest in the consultancy
- Three contactable references, one of which should be a client of a recent evaluation or review
- A writing sample of 5 pages
To apply, submit your applications to Nthateng Mhlambiso email@example.com
Enquiries: Telephone: 011 403 0007
For more about Coalition of African Lesbians, refer to www.cal.org.za
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities