Mellon Educate is a non-profit organisation aiming to transform under-achieving schools through intervention programmes which focus on development and academic improvement, exposing every child, regardless of background, to quality education to help them reach their full potential.
We seek to appoint a FUNDRAISING RESEARCHER whose role will include, but will not be limited to, researching the backgrounds of potential donors, both local and abroad, to determine their philanthropic history in terms of charitable interests and their capacity and willingness to donate funds.
- University degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- A high level of computer literacy skills, specifically in database and website maintenance.
- Excellent investigative, research and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Ability to use initiative and work in a deadline-driven environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct ongoing online research of existing and potential donors;
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organisations;
- Regularly monitor donors’ websites and identify funding opportunities;
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and keep them updated about the work of the organisation;
- Maintain the organisation’s website, regularly updating it with relevant information.
- Develop and improve communications material such as brochures and annual reports, as well as the Organisation’s profile on social media platforms.
- Assist the Fundraising Manager in developing business plans and proposals.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience is being offered.
To apply please submit an updated CV with covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 24 March 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed. Should you not hear from Mellon Educate within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful