SmartStart is a social franchise which aims to expand access to quality, affordable early learning opportunities for young children in South Africa. Within 10 years, the goal is to reach one million 3 and 4 year old children per year.
SmartStart seeks to appoint an Administrator, based in Johannesburg.
This is a part-time (80 hour month) contract.
The incumbent will be responsible for daily communication with franchisee’s and coaches, but will only be required to work from the SmartStart Hub for two weeks each month.
Start date: Immediate
Reports to: Network and Operations Lead
The SmartLink and League Administrator will serve both a support desk function and data management responsibilities for two of SmartStart systems. The systems are; SmartLink, a Customer Relations Management system; and the League Data Management for SmartStart’s Club Leagues.
SmartLink is SmartStart’s customer relationship management tool (CRM). This tool is firstly a database of our children and franchisees. It also enables the management of the network as well as tracking the progression of our licensed franchisees and children in the programme.
The core objective of the SmartStart ‘League of Stars’ is to encourage a support network of SmartStart franchisees to collaborate, problem solve and constructively socialise within their clubs. The league measures will aim to foster this core objective and sustain it over time. Data for leagues include information retrievable through SmartLink as well as evidence for specific activities that Clubs submit via a chat platform. This data and scores will be captured and analysed on a League Data Management system.
- League of Stars Administration
- Capturing data submitted by league participating club’s monthly
- Managing all correspondence with leagues (telephonic, SMS and WhatsApp) that goes out to league participating clubs. This includes
- Quality assurance and filing of evidence submitted by clubs
- Coordination of quarterly judging panel meetings for evaluation of submission and allocation of points
- Coordination of ad hoc spot checks/audits for verification of club submissions
- SmartLink Administration
- Provide support to users of the system
- Keep track of the changes on the system to be able to support franchisors
- Quality assuring trainee data added on the system
- Checking completeness of training registers and contacting franchisors/ trainers to support them on how to complete it
- Support coaches on system SmartSpace licensing process
- Liaising with coaches to update club members and club leaders on the system
- Accountable for
- The data capturing of all Club League related activities
- The data management and quality for the League of Stars
- The quality of data on SmartLink
- Ongoing support of League members and SmartLink users
- Measures of success
- League member satisfaction
- Coach proficiency on SmartLink
- Retention of club leagues members
- Number of active clubs
- Committed to the purpose of SmartStart
- Ability to manage detail
- Excellent people management and relationship building skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Proficiency of CRM system and Excel
- Be in possession of a Bachelors’ degree
- Be fluent in English and at least two other African languages
- Have experience in working on online systems
To apply, submit your CV and covering letter (indicating salary expectations) to email@example.com quoting the title the position in the subject line "Re:001 SmartLink and League Administrator"
Please indicate in your cover note in which media you first saw this advert - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about SmartStart, refer to www.smartstart.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies