Vera Fellows help social impact organisations use data and technology to achieve their missions more efficiently and effectively.
Start date: 9 June, 2017
Term: One year (with possible promotion after that)
Vera Fellows are full-time employees of the company and have the title of Associate Consultant (AC). As a Fellow, you’ll become a key member of our project teams, working with one of our consulting units or Vera’s Implementation Support Team, developing the hard and soft skills that will enable you to assess client needs.
Fellows are involved throughout the entirety of a project’s lifecycle — gathering requirements, building online, offline, and mobile data tools, and providing training.
The 2017 Fellowship year will begin with a weeklong training program that will mix intensive sessions on the project lifecycle and Force.com platform, with team-building and professional skills development activities. Fellows enter a yearlong mentorship program aimed at accelerating their capacity to work with a variety of development organisations from around the world. Additionally, Fellows will research new technologies, support directors in the sales process, and build relationships with our clients. Fellows are placed in one of Vera’s hubs and may travel to the field on a short or medium-term assignments to observe and improve processes or conduct trainings on newly implemented systems.
As a Fellow, you’ll gain valuable experience with Salesforce (the world’s leading cloud-computing platform, currently used by more than 150,000 for-profit and 30,000 non-profit and higher education organisations worldwide). You will gain first-hand experience implementing program monitoring, management, and evaluation systems in health, education, human rights, and other development sectors, while working in a global marketplace.
The Fellowship provides ACs with a nurturing support network to ensure accelerated growth in this role. You will benefit from on-going learning opportunities, leadership development and team-building activities with your cohort, and structured mentorship from leaders within Vera.
You will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organisations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasise collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Design, build, implement, and support cloud and mobile data systems for a range of social service organisations worldwide
- Research new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to non-profits and NGOs
- Assist in internal and external communications efforts including sharing the latest field-research, writing blog posts, and contributing to knowledge management initiatives
- Interact directly with clients; develop client relationships and source new projects
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree—what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- One to three years’ professional experience
- Curiosity and problem solving skills—do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Demonstrated interest in social service work
- Availability (and enthusiasm) for international travel
- Professional experience, preferably in developing countries
- Fluency/proficiency in Hindi, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Arabic, or Swahili
- Experience working with the Force.com platform
- Two to four years of work experience, particularly in the technology space
- Experience with project management
Compensation and Benefits:
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
How to Apply:
Complete an online application (attaching resume) http://tinyurl.com/j3pejk3
Applications are rolling, the deadline for submission is 28 February 2017.
Each applicant’s legal right to work will influence placement decisions, along with personal preference and team need.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about Vera Solutions, refer to www.verasolutions.org
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities