mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based global health not-for-profit organisation committed to eliminating the transmission of HIV from mothers to babies, and creating healthy futures for mothers, their families, and communities. m2m’s peer-based Mentor Mother model has proven effective in improving the health of women and their children, reducing mother-to-child HIV transmission rates, and generating significant savings on HIV treatment costs, while empowering HIV-positive women through training and employment. Since its founding almost 15 years ago, Mentor Mothers have reached more than 1.3 million HIV-positive mothers in nine countries in sub-Saharan Africa. The m2m model has been identified as a key strategy in the United Nations Global Plan to eliminate pediatric AIDS and promote healthy motherhood. Join us by visiting www.m2m.org or follow us @m2mtweets
Consultant: Quality Assurance/Quality improvement
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based, global NGO that unlocks the potential of mothers and their families through scalable, high-impact interventions to women and children, their families and communities. m2m’s peer-based Mentor Mother Model has proven effective in improving the health of women and their children, reducing mother-to-child HIV transmission rates, and generating significant savings on HIV treatment costs, while empowering HIV-positive women through training and employment. mothers2mothers programme scope has recently been enhanced to also include universal HIV treatment, comprehensive reproductive maternal neonatal and child health (RMNCH), early childhood development, adolescent health & youth development with particular focus on orphans and vulnerable children; capacity building/technical assistance to local partners for quality programme service delivery.
Scope of Work
m2m seeks a consultant to work closely with m2m Head Office and Country Teams to develop a comprehensive QA/QI framework for mothers2mothers; including review, update and consolidation of existing materials and development of new materials, where there has been a gap identified.
Work to be accomplished:
- Develop a comprehensive QA/QI framework (20 days)
- Review, edit and finalize existing QA/QI materials (10 days)
- Work with Senior Technical Advisor (STA) to review and develop Standard Operating Procedures for m2m’s strengthening outcomes achieving results (SOAR) QI methodology (10 days)
- Draft and share new QA/QI tools and materials including a QI dashboard based on both our paper-based and electronic client management tools (30 days)
- Finalize and package toolkit for sharing within the organization (10 days)
- Develop QA/QI orientation materials (10 days)
- Support initial phases of country roll out where feasible (10days)
- A comprehensive QA/QI framework
- Drafts of toolkit contents as agreed in initial meetings
- Final toolkit packaged for sharing with staff
- Toolkit orientation and training materials
Key internal relationships: Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Director-Research & Strategic Information, digital health Officer, Country teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in health sciences, international development, management, Social Policy/Science or a related field;
- Minimum of 5- 7 years’ work experience in project management, material design and development, Quality Assurance/Quality improvement, training, capacity development in an international or NGO context, M&E
- Experience designing Quality Assurance/Quality improvement framework and implementation QA/QI projects in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience working with a diverse groups of stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain diverse relationships, be culturally sensitive, and maintain a respectful demeanour in context of working within then international development sector.
- Fluency in English essential.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, make decisions, and work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
Travel: Occasional travel to South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland and other m2m countries as need arises. All travel costs will be reimbursed or paid directly by m2m.
Level of effort: 100%
Location: Cape Town preferred, South Africa
Duration: 4 and a half months, with possible extension
Schedule of deliverables TBC
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 27 February 2017.