Hivos South Africa
Hivos South Africa, has over the past 10 years built up a good track record and reputation as an innovative grant maker and fund manager in the NGO sector. With historical links to Hivos Netherlands, the South African office was established with support from donor agencies and foundations to collaborate and combine efforts towards strengthening civil society social justice work.
The Multi Agency Grants Initiative (MAGI) programme is managed, hosted and implemented by Hivos-SA. The specific purpose of the Fund is to provide a responsive mechanism for the provision of small grant funding to organisations at community level.
Purpose of the role is to implement the Multi Agency Grants Initiative programme activities linked to the strategic objectives.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Doing organisational assessments and grant disbursements to community based organisations
- Administrative tasks linked to the implementation of the activities
- On site monitoring and evaluation of the supported grantees
- Regular communication internally and externally with grantees
- Working with the MAGI team to create ideas for fundraising and contribute to resource mobilisation
- Be able to build and maintain effective partnerships with grantees and stakeholders that impact the work of the programme
- Maintain a training, mentoring and coaching plan to respond to grantee needs
- Write narrative reports and participate in monitoring of budgets
- Bachelors qualification and/or five years equivalent experience
- Three years proven experience as a Programme Officer in the development sector
- Willingness to travel nationally
- Good communications, written and verbal
- Good writing skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Training and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated good practice: respectful for, and ability to listen to, with partner organisations.
- Experience with managing, implementing and following up on compliance issues.
- Be in possession of a valid driver’s licence
- Good project and time management skills
Please send a motivation letter and CV with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role closes on 24 February 2017 at 16h00. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.