Columba Leadership’s aim is to activate the potential of young people to enhance their own life outcomes as well as contribute to positive social change in their schools and communities by offering a values-based leadership academy at schools situated in disadvantaged communities around South Africa.
Based in Bloemfontein, Free State, Columba Leadership seeks to fill the following position:
Faculty, Free State x2
The successful candidate will be responsible for the school intelligence pre and post academies in order to support monitoring and evaluation and Values Champions department initiatives.
- Pre-Residential Engagement Process including Orientation for participants and parents
- Engagement of existing Columba graduates at school
- Preparation for whole Grade Engagement and presentation
- Orientation: Invitation to Orientation - Liaise with school in regards to invitation of parents of selected learners; and orientation date confirmed
- Lead faculty for at least two academies per month
- Leads the adaptation of the programme to suit venue, season etc.
- Residential faculty management and support at the residential
- Participation in post-residential debriefing
- Feedback and Confirm Learner Selection
- Data Capturing - Electronic filing of ALL documents relating to the steps
- Debrief - participate in a debrief session
- Applicable across Action Phase – Group Application and Mobilisation
- Supporting in planning of Youth Connection Events; VC engagement/ Empowerment Sessions; VC Celebrations; Support Engagements with Groups
- Bachelor’s Degree of Social Work or Development Studies
- 5 years facilitation experience
- 5 years Youth/Community Development experience
- Driver’s license essential and own car useful.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Monday 27th February 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org