Childline South Africa
Childline South Africa is a non-profit organisation that works collectively to protect children from all forms of violence and to create a culture of children's rights in South Africa.
Childline South Africa seeks to appoint a Social Auxiliary Workers, based in Durban KwaZulu-Natal and Polokwane, Limpopo.
- Be responsible for intakes at the Thuthuzela Care Centre
- Work as a 1st responder for all Gender Base Violence (GBV) survivors that come to the Thuthuzela Care Centre
- Willingness to work long hours
- Provide trauma containment on all GBV survivors that access the Thuthuzela Care Centre Work under the supervision of a Social Worker
- Conduct administrative tasks related to the programme
- Social Auxiliary Work qualification
- Registered with the SACSSP
- Valid driver’s licence advantageous
- Computer proficiency
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Social Auxiliary Worker
- Understanding of HIV related illnesses
- Understanding of the Thuthuzela Care Centres model and its function
- Understand the impact of sexual crimes on individuals, families and communities
- Understanding the context for sexual violence
- Understanding of Protocols to follow at the Thuthuzela Care Centre
To apply, email CV’s with traceable and contactable references and certified copies of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org (KwaZulu Natal) or 17 Hans van Rensburg Street (Polokwane),
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Non-South African applicants must be in possession of a valid work permit.
For more about Childline South Africa, refer to www.childlinesa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies