Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Project coordinator, based in Cape Town.
This is a one-year position.
The coordinator will coordinate mobile services operations and research, including assisting with grant, protocol and paper writing; literature review; tool development; M&E; help manage data collection processes for the team, including quality checking, and reporting.
- Oversee operations and research logistics and ensure that equipment and materials are available and in working order
- Become familiar with the protocols of all studies taking place in mobile services
- Assist with preparation of documents for ethical review
- Implementation of study protocols
- Assist with staff management
- Staff training
- Study logistics
- Regular communication with study team to monitor study progress
- Ensure consistent, complete and accurate data collection
- Ensure that eligible study participants are recruited and scheduled for interviews
- Review participant files and all data forms (e.g. CRFs, debriefing reports, screening logs, transcripts) following enrolment/ interviews to ensure quality
- Report accrual statistics to the protocol team on a weekly basis
- Respond to data queries related to the transcripts
- Engage in regular phone meetings with off-site partners
- Manage data transmission (e.g. sending CRFs, debriefing reports, and transcripts to partner organisation)
- Monitoring and evaluation of the mobile services Serve as a liaison with the PIs and staff from partner agencies to report on study progress and troubleshoot any issues
- Tertiary qualification in the social sciences or project management (Honours and Masters degrees advantageous)
- At least three years’ research or project management experience
- Prior qualitative interviewing experience will be advantageous
- Experience using qualitative software will be advantageous
- GCP (Good Clinical Practice) certification will be advantageous
- Previous work experience in HIV research, sexual health, or with adolescents will be advantageous
- Code 8 driver’s license and own transport
- Written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as independently and manage multiple stakeholder relationships
- Strong organisational skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Willingness to work at varied locations around the Klipfontein / Mitchell’s Plain/ Philippi sub-district
- Willingness to work on Saturdays when required
To apply, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to Jobs@hiv-research.org.za quoting Job reference: #DTHF/C062.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies