Institute for Justice and Reconciliation
Terms of Reference for setting up of a digital M&E system aligned to IJR’s new multi-year strategy 2017 - 2020
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) was launched in the year 2000, in the aftermath of South Africa´s Truth and Reconciliation Commission. The aim was to ensure that lessons learnt from South Africa´s transition from apartheid to democracy were taken into account as the nation moved ahead.
IJR has developed a new multi-year strategy that took effect from January 2017. Its previous multi-year strategy was underpinned by an effective but complex monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system. In order to ensure that the organisation monitors and evaluates its work on an ongoing basis, a new M&E system aligned to the new strategy has to be developed. It is envisaged that this system will effectively capture IJR’s often difficult to measure results and outcomes.
To develop a digital M&E system aligned to IJR’s new, multi-year strategy (2017 to 2020) that will enable IJR, as an organisation, to effectively capture and analyse its M&E data and information.
IJR has appointed Southern Hemisphere to develop the MEL framework, tools for data collection and reports. These will form the basis of the digital system.
Scope of the Work
The service provider will be required to fulfil the following tasks:
- Understand the existing Information Technology environment at IJR. IJR is using Microsoft Office 365 and is further considering using SharePoint to share and store information
- Develop a digital system, for IJR to effectively capture M&E data and information, based on the tools and reports developed by Southern Hemisphere together with IJR
- The digital system must be web-based
- Have a user friendly interface for data capture and analysis
- Be able to tag information
- Be able to generate and print a variety of reports and possible offer visual representation of information
- Train staff on how to use the system with regard to information capture, report generation and data analysis
- Draft a comprehensive M&E manual and/or ‘help’ online tool explaining the use of the IT system
- Digital M&E system for IJR to capture all programmatic and organisational data, integrated into IJR’s existing IT system
- 1 M&E manual for the system
- Training sessions with IJR staff (how to use the system)
Expression of interest due on 20 February 2017
The selected service provider will be notified in March 2017 for work to begin shortly thereafter
- Direct reporting line to Carolin Gomulia, Head of Strategy and Communication at IJR
- Working closely together with the Southern Hemisphere team
- The service provider shall have previous experience developing digital information management systems. It is expected to show evidence of previous experience
- The service provider should be able to provide follow up support to IJR during and after the implementation of the system
- The new systems must be compatible with IJR’s existing IT systems and needs to be integrated with those systems where necessary
Before commencement of the design and implementation of the system as stated in this Terms of Reference, IJR and the service provider will enter into a contractual agreement.
Please submit an expression of interest detailing relevant experience, a suggested process, and two references for similar work undertaken, by 20 February 2017 to Carolin Gomulia at email@example.com
Short-listed providers will be asked to submit a full proposal including a fixed budget for which we will be able to supply you with a complete MEL plan.
For more about the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, refer to www.ijr.org.za
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities