Make A Difference Leadership Foundation (MAD)
Make A Difference Leadership Foundation (MAD Leadership Foundation) focuses on leadership development through education: the approach is to identify academically talented scholars with leadership potential, who do not have the necessary financial resources, and offer them support in the areas of education, leadership, wellness and life-skills development.
MAD Leadership Foundation seeks to appoint a Manager - Scholar Support Unit, based in Cape Town.
The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO.
- Development, implementation and evaluation of programme goals
- Oversight of the Foundation’s integrated scholarship programme including compliance and implementation of best practices
- Programme and policy oversight
- Cultivation of relationships with various constituents including donors, scholarship partners, educational institutions, service providers and scholars
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team of scholar and programme coordinators for about 200 scholars
- Financial and administrative management of the SSU
- Communication and staff/volunteer management skills
- Demonstrated cultural competency and collaborative leadership approach
- Demonstrated the ability to think conceptually using strong analytical skills, to effectively influence a wide cross-section of people, and to identify and implement solutions to address complex business problems
- Polished, persuasive spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver high-quality client care;
- Experience in working with young people (age 12 – 22 years) and their families
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Professional or Masters-level qualification from a leading university with at least 10 years of relevant work experience
- Computer skills and reporting experience
- Motivation to drive continuous improvement processes and ensure that capacity is maximised
- Ability to manage a dynamic and changing multi-disciplinary team, as well as being able to work extremely well under pressure;
To apply, submit a CV and a motivational letter to email@example.com
Enquiries: Carin Bester - Scholar Support Unit Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
MAD Leadership Foundation refers the right to not fill this post.
For more about MAD Leadership Foundation, refer to www.madleadership.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies