The AIDS Consortium NPC
Stigma reduction project in three municipalities in the Gauteng province, namely City of Johannesburg, City of Tshwane and Ekurhuleni.
The AIDS Consortium NPC (AC) is inviting Community Based Organisations, Churches and Schools in the City of Johannesburg, City of Tshwane and Ekurhuleni municipalities of Gauteng Province to express their interest in participating in a project aimed at eliminating stigma and discrimination surrounding issues of men who have sex with men (MSM), Women who have sex with women (WSW), Injecting drug users and people living with HIV (PLWHA). Youth and women lead entities are especially encouraged to apply as are organisations representative of the target populations.
The objective of the project:
- To enhance capacity of community based organisations and other institutions to implement stigma eradication interventions
- Increase awareness on, and observation of, the human rights of key populations including but not restricted to MSM, WSW and PLWHA
The project will take place for a duration of six months which are anticipated as March to August 2017 subject to availability of donor funding for the project. The IPOs will be provided with capacity building and organisational development training, which will improve their efficiency in implementing the project and in the general management of the organisations.
CBOs and other institutions that seek to be part of the project need to comply with the following criteria
- Must be registered to applicable bodies in line with South African law such as NPO registration with Social Development, school registration with Department of Education, etc.
- They should support or have a desire to support PLWHA initiatives, to establish support groups and circles of support for vulnerable populations, and be open to work to educate on and promote the rights of all persons regardless of religious standing, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification which undermines the equality of persons. Organisations with history of working directly with LGBTI persons will be at an advantage.
- Should have a finance management structure and should have managed more than R100 000 in the past two years
- Should have an annual income of not more than R500 000.00
Application procedure Interested organisations can attend a non-compulsory briefing session on Friday 10 February 2017 at the AIDS Consortium NPC office in Aeroton. While this session is not compulsory it will be provide an opportunity for organisations to get immediate responses to some of their questions and provide an overview of the kind of work to the AIDS Consortium will be willing to support under the call.
Shortlisted organisations will be contacted by Wednesday 22 February 2017 to schedule initial site visits during the week of 13 March 2017 to assess their capacity to implement the project.
Ten (10) selected organisations will undergo a planning session, which will include briefing on project plans, MER System and Finance system under the project.
Upon satisfaction of the planning and other pre contracting requirements the 10 organisations will be contracted.
All applicants must submit A concept note using the AC Expression of interest form (Obtained upon request from Kgahliso@aidsconsortium.org.za) with the following attachments
- NPO registration documents, constitution or other applicable documentation for the type of applying entity
- 12 Months financial statements or other proof of income for the last two years (preferably Income and Expenditure Verification reports or Audited Financial Statements)
Interested parties are also free to call Ms. Kgahliso Mangoale on 011 403 0265 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org with their enquires.
For more about The AIDS Consortium NPC, refer to www.aidsconsortium.org.za
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities