Catholic Health Care Association of Southern Africa (CATHCA)
Catholic Health Care Association of Southern Africa (CATHCA) is a nonprofit organisation that provides high quality and affordable health care service to all, especially the poorest and most marginalised people in Southern Africa.
CATHCA seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant, based in Johannesburg.
This position reports directly to the CATHCA Director.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date records on all CATHCA activities. S/he will work with Project Managers to capture all information relevant to each project and assist staff to access data, develop queries and forms, and provide reports for CATHCA management and funders.
This position would suit someone with excellent data capturing skills and experience in MS Access. The person selected will have good communication skills, and experience in monitoring and evaluation. S/he will be able to work independently and accurately.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Maintain good working relationships with organisations supported by CATHCA
- Ensure that all dioceses, provinces are kept regularly informed
- Liaise with CATHCA project managers, assist in all project activities and plans
- Assist in compiling data information in preparation for donor reports
- Create and maintain Training Unit and other databases
- Assist in preparation of training material
- Send out and receive training documents
- Create learner profiles and register them on HWSETA website
- Carry out general office tasks where required
- At least three years’ post-matriculation experience in office administration
- Proficiency and accuracy in MS Office, particularly Access
- Understanding of Catholic Church teaching and ethos
- Experience in working in a non-profit environment
- Ability to travel within Southern Africa if required
- Writing and communication skills in English
- High level of reliability and integrity
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
To apply, submit a CV, covering letter, names and contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 011-880-4084.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more about the Catholic Health Care Association of Southern Africa, refer to www.cathca-sa.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.