Zip Zap Circus School
Zip Zap Circus School was founded in Cape Town in 1992, to inspire young people and help build a new culture of peaceful coexistence in South Africa. Working with a diverse community of children from all backgrounds, Zip Zap helps kids to ‘dare to dream’ and learn to make those dreams a reality. Zip Zap’s programs are all free to participants, with financial and material support coming from individuals, organisation, corporations and foundations.
Zip Zap seeks to appoint a Social Outreach Coordinator, based in Cape Town.
This is a full-time position.
Starting date: As soon as possible
The remuneration package is R15 000 per month (plus medical aid).
Salary can be negotiated after first year, based on performance review.
The successful candidate must be a positive, hard-working, detail-oriented individual who is persuasive, and has the ability to foster and grow relationships in various environments.
- Manage projects administration and logistics – internally and externally; including team management prior, during and after workshop
- Supervise the structure and conduct of the social outreach projects
- Strengthen contact and relationship with partners
- Report monthly to EXCO
- Demographics of all projects
- Reporting on all projects activities narratively, financially and photographically as per CEO requirements
- Securing donations for specific items
- Manage log frame under MEL management
- Minimum two years’ experience and a proven track record in project management
- Experience in writing reports
- Thorough knowledge of the South African environment, especially the community sector
- High level of computer literacy in the MS Office suite and Customer Relation Management system - Highrise
- Management skills (time, administrative, resources, programming)
- Communication (written and verbal) and report writing skills
- Command of the English language; knowledge of isiXhosa would be an advantage
- Ability to be effective working alone and good inter-personal skills – Zip Zap is a multi-cultural organisation
- Knowledge of, and passion for, the performing arts and youth is necessary
To apply, submit a letter of motivation, a maximum three- page CV (no certificates), the names, email and telephone details of three referees to Laurence@zip-zap.co.za quoting “Outreach coordinator” in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted before the end of January 2017, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Zip Zap Circus School, refer to www.zip-zap.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies