Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA)
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA) is an affiliate of IRD FZC; it is registered as a South African-based nonprofit company (NPC). IRD SA works extensively in Southern Africa providing healthcare delivery and research. The IRD SA team leverages process and technology innovations to address gaps in global healthcare delivery, including health market innovations based on social business models; introduction of new diagnostics, drugs and vaccines; performance-based incentives for health workers; and conditional cash transfers for patients to access services and enable adherence. IRD is a global leader in developing and using open source information technology platforms that enable close monitoring of patient care and program quality, and facilitate integration of health care systems at municipal, district, province and national levels.
IRD SA seeks to appoint a Technical Manager, based in Durban.
The Medical Doctor will work in the endTB Project.
Salary commensurate with experience. Medical Aid and benefits package provided.
Responsible for accurate, timely, complete, ethical and efficient provision of total quality patient care, as part of a team and as governed by professional conduct and Drug Resistant TB (DR TB) programme guidelines and protocols; ensuring maintenance of best clinical practice by clinical staff through training and mentoring. The incumbent is responsible for overall planning, managing and coordinating DR-TB and Infection Control (IC) activities implemented under the endTB project in eThekwini district.
- Work closely with the Provincial and District Department of Health (DOH) in KwaZulu-Natal, NGO partners and other stakeholders in identifying programme priorities, developing strategies and coordinating implementation of endTB activities
- Manage the team and develop annual work plan; identify and incorporate appropriate MDR-TB and IC related actions in work plan consistent with project objectives and aligned with national program needs
- Provide technical directions and support to the IRD SA team, DOH, NGO partners in planning and implementing MDR-TB activities as required
- Assist DOH and other collaborating partners on developing training strategies and materials, and facilitate planning and conducting TOT and training of health care staff
- Participate in workshops, seminars, task force and expert committees to identify policy, technical and programmatic gaps in MDR-TB diagnosis and treatment and Infection Control; update partners and stakeholder on endTB project activities
- Participate in discussion with DOH, NGO partners, and other stakeholders to identify research needs and priorities and develop concept papers as needed
- Organise, lead and facilitate project-related meetings, including the creation of agendas and preparation of materials
- Monitor implementation of planned activities through periodic consultations, monthly progress review meetings, reports review, and field trips.
- Provide written feedback for improving performance
- Monitor project deliverables and timeliness, notify the Site Manager and Country Director when issues arise, and take corrective actions, as needed
- Provide technical support, supervise and facilitate the Clinical Nurse Coordinators in their day to day activities
- Assist the Site Manager in developing quarterly and semi-annual reports, and tracking budgets and expenditures
- Postgraduate qualification in public health, sociology, monitoring and evaluation or equivalent degree
- Intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spread sheet, graphics.
- Efficient in Microsoft office
- Five years’ experience in the field of public health
- Experience working with South African National and Provincial Departments of Health
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Ability to facilitate and present publically at project meetings and in public forums
To apply, submit your brief CV, two current, relevant employment references and supporting documents, quoting the job title in your cover letter to email@example.com or Human Resources, fax +27 (0) 865722820.
Only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not receive within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful.
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about Interactive Research and Development South Africa, refer to www.irdresearch.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.