Centre for HIV/AIDS Prevention Studies (CHAPS)
Centre for HIV/AIDS Prevention Studies (CHAPS) is proud to be a South African public benefit organisation (PBO) and leader of one of the largest voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) scale-up programmes on the African continent. CHAPS takes pride in its pioneering work in VMMC Service Delivery, VMMC Training, HIV Research and VMMC Start-Up Technical Assistance.
CHAPS seeks to appoint a Human Resource Manager, based in Johannesburg.
- Talent management and development
- HR planning / workforce planning
- Implementing a variety of organisational development initiatives
- Compensation and benefit comparison and correctly placing
- Employee Engagement
- Facilitating quarterly HR meetings at the clinics
- Recruiter verification process, together with the recruitment team
- Management consultation
- Primarily advising/ guiding management on the global HR best practices
- Providing HR solutions to the business
- Assistance to off-site offices
- Leading the HR agenda at the management meetings
- Strategic partner’s management
- Medical aid and Pension fund liaison
- IR partners
- Recruitment agents
- Whistle blowing agent
- General HR duties
- Prepare the payroll provisions, reconcile with the statements and confirm with the actual payroll from the HR Officers
- CCMA representations (at all levels)
- Submission of EE reports
- Dispute resolution at managerial levels
- Networking with other HR executives within the consortium
- Supervise HR staff members
- Manage the induction process for new staff
- Do annual training needs analysis for CHAPS staff
- Ensure compliance with all HR donor reporting, statutory requirements and internal policies and processes
- Ensure all personnel files are regularly updated including records of meetings
- Ensure that direct reports have clear and understood work/role descriptions, targets and goals to perform their functions and that client needs and requirements are integrated into work related practices
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned
- Relevant HR degree / diploma with at least five years’ experience as a HR generalist, supervising staff
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Must be competent in Microsoft office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Be very organised and deadline driven
- Be a person that can ‘roll up their sleeves’ and has experience as an HR generalist. It will be expected from the candidate to perform administrative tasks as well as higher level managerial functions
- Ability to follow through on tasks
- Interpersonal skills
- Must be a South African national and be resident in the Pretoria / Johannesburg area
- Ability to travel on an occasional basis and be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license
- Be Fluent in English
- Must be an individual of integrity, credibility and committed to the overall mission of CHAPS
To apply, submit your CV and application letters to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “HR Manager” in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Centre for HIV/AIDS Prevention Studies, refer to www.chaps.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.