Lushomo is an information design and research uptake outfit mainly working with the World Health Organisation, the United Nations Development Programme, and other big international agencies. Our particular area of most focus is in the area of health and the environment. We have a small office in Sea Point, Cape Town where we have a pretty laid back attitude but also a strong results-based work ethic.
We are looking to hire a new team member to help us turn dull, complex information from global leaders in health and development into awesome information products. These will include animations, infographics, websites, interactive toolkits and more. You will be involved with research, learning new software, managing designers and developers, bits and pieces of admin, coming up with awesome creative ideas and then working out how to execute them. We are all learning through doing, so we do not expect you to have extensive related experience, just an ability to learn, a desire to help people do good with data, and an enthusiasm for creating.
- Coming up with cool and viable information design solutions for boring data
- Implementing these, with our network of designers, freelancers and partners
- Helping with social media and marketing activities
- Editing and re-writing technical documents
- Visual thinking in doodles. No artistic talent required, but visual thinking a must
You will have:
- The ability to be organised, and will be a perfectionist
- Awesome creative potential, even if you don’t know it yet
- A Masters Degree in international development, communications or a related area
- The ability to prioritise and function under-pressure
- Proven experience of working in a team environment
- Glowing references from respectable former colleagues or tutors
Please contact us at info@lushomo with your CV and covering letter. From there, will will arrange an initial Skype discussion/interview with a shortlisted group.
Salary: R12 500
Deadline for applications: Feb 15.