Save the Children South Africa
|Job Title:||Grants Officer|
|Fixed Term:||2 years|
|Reports to:||Institutional Partnership Manager|
|Child Protection Level:|
|Travel Requirements:||Regular travels to the Provinces|
|Asset Responsibilities:||Own Assets and those used by other|
As part of the Programme team:
- To support the programme team in developing proposal budgets and programming budgets.
- To support the Program Division in monitoring, analysing, reporting and checking financial compliance with the donor’s guidelines of international projects funded by institutional donors;
- To support the Program Division in the financial check and reconciliation between our internal accountancy and the official report of institutional donors
- To participate and support all the activities managed by the Programmes
- To support the Programme Division in each institutional donor’s project proposal writing, focusing on the financial requirements and compliance with the (EU) donor’s guidelines.
- To monitor expenditures and financial procedures on institutional grants (EU) both AT HQ and Project Offices.
- To support the Project Offices capacities in monitoring and reporting on institutional donors grants (EU).
- To support the Project Office capacities with monitoring visit and training related to the donors’ rules, where required.
- To be responsible for preparing financial reports according to the requirements of institutional donors (EU).
- To closely work with and support project Office in preparing all the documentation to be provided to donors and related to reporting.
- To be responsible in checking reports’ and all project documentation accuracy.
- To be responsible for all donors’ requirements and compliance.
- To manage in collaboration with the Programme Division and Finance division in the preparation budget amendments/variations to be submitted to donors’ approval.
- SCSA focal point for EU donor (Financial & Compliance rules) under the supervision of the Institutional Partnership Manager
- To manage, in collaboration with Finance Division, in preparing Financial Audit Report and to check the respect of all donors’ (EU) requirements.
- To be very collaborative with all other members of the team and to be very focused on the objectives of the Finance area.
- To manage, together with Programmes and Finance, all procedures and systems to support grant management with attention to all the optimizations which may be undertaken to increase effectiveness and accountability;
- To be available for field trips to Provinces
- To support “Institutional Partnership Manager in all eventual activities connected with the Finance Area.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: ESSENTIAL
- University degree in finance or related subject.
- Computer literate and confident with Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint, Excel and the Internet; and an interest in appropriate use of current information and communications technologies.
- A good command of spoken and written English.
- Ability to speak other languages such as IsiZulu, SiSwati, Sepedi and Sotho
- 2 years’ minimum experience working on grant management, budgeting and reporting.
- Good knowledge of reporting requirements of major institutional donors (e.g.EU, USAID, SIDA,).
- Working experience in South Africa is mandatory.
- Very good communication skills in order to communicating with a range of organisations/individuals partner NGOs, institutional donors, and a wide range of staff across the organisation, notably the Programme Officers and Project Managers.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrable commitment to the vision, mission, values, principles, aims of Save the Children.
- Sensitivity/appreciation of diversity and ability to derive added-value from it.
- Proven ability of team working.
- Self-motivated, flexible and proactive.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify key points from complex material or information.
- Honesty, Integrity and Accountability
- Sound Work Ethics
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Team player
Closing date: 13th January 2017
To apply, submit applications to email@example.com