Save the Children South Africa
|Job Title:||Project Manager (And Stakeholders Liaison)|
|Fixed Term:||2.5 Years Fix term contract|
|Reports to:||CRG Programme Manager|
|Child Protection Level:||3|
|Travel Requirements:||Regular travel to Pretoria, Free State and Mpumalanga|
|Budget Responsibilities:||R2,8 million for the project|
|Asset Responsibilities:||Own assets and those used by others|
Save the Children South Africa (SCSA) is implementing a project that seeks to increase the capacity of disadvantaged young people and under – skilled Youth networks to actively contribute to decision – making processes, social development and livelihoods in their communities and the youth involved. The project also aims to capacitate and empower young people with financial literacy, vocational, entrepreneurship and employability skills. Young people will be empowered to ensure that their voices and representation is amplified through the media for the realisation of their socio - economic rights. As part of this project, SCSA will develop and pilot the Youth Entrepreneurship mentorship programme.
The Project Manager (And Stakeholders Liaison) will be based in the Limpopo office and oversee the implementation of the project in Limpopo, Free State and Mpumalanga. The Project Manager will be responsible for developing and managing relevant government and external partnerships at Provincial, District and local level. He/she will work under the supervision of the CRG Programme Manager with dotted reporting line to Limpopo Provincial Programme Manager, and in close collaboration with the Provincial Programme Managers in which the project will be implemented.
- Design the implementation plan for the Project;
- Manage the planning, implementation, coordination and monitoring of project activities to achieve results against set objectives;
- Build strong stakeholder relationship at Provincial, District, and Local level
- Act as the liaison between SCSA, implementing partner, priority provinces, districts and local municipalities.
- Ensure lessons learnt (good practices, challenging experiences and opportunities) are documented and shared with all relevant stakeholders;
- Co-ordinate the development of resources and materials required for the project capacity building activities;
- Supervise and provide support to Youth Engagement and Socio – Economic Empowerment Project Officers
- Manage a project budget, maintaining positive expenditure within a set timeframe; to conduct budget management in line with SCSA conditions.
- Drive data collection efforts and draw on monitoring and evaluation data so as to inform and re-direct project implementation;
- Collaborate closely with the MEAL unit to ensure continuous improvement of the project, proper documentation and internal learning;
- Work collaboratively with the CRG Thematic Lead and the MEAL Team to ensure that the project attains the expected access and quality standards.
- Prepare for the quarterly project review sessions including any required project audit sessions. Also facilitate sharing of lessons learnt seminars.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual reports as expected by SCSA.
- Facilitate compliance to all conditions as stated in the contract of the allocated project.
- Provide input to the learning agenda of the SCSA organisation from drawing from the experience in the project;
- Attend budget holder and programme meetings in Pretoria and elsewhere as required; and
- Conduct any other project related tasks as allocated by the CRG Programme Manager and the Provincial Manager.
Person Specification: Essential
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant development or education field or equivalent recognised Project Management qualification;
- At least 8 years of experience of working in the South African Social sector, Children’s or Youth Sector;
- Demonstrable Project Management Experience at a suitable level;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to inform and engage through written communication;
- Strong skills in Microsoft office and project management tools e.g. excel
- Strong initiative and ability to multitask, anticipate and priorities without direct supervision; and
- Driver’s license
- Experience in working with different spheres of South African government, departments and Civil Society Organisations;
- Knowledge and experience on Youth Engagement and Socio – Economic empowerment including meaningful child participation
- Knowledge of the policies and programmes addressing the children’s socio - economic rights in South Africa will be an advantage;
- Experience in leading youth economic development including financial literacy, vocational skills development and entrepreneurship programmes.
- In-depth understanding and experience of the socio – economic challenges faced by the youth in South Africa
- Recognised Project Management qualification;
- Ability to speak, write and understand local languages which include SiSwati, Sepedi and Sotho
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Project Management
- Relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to be innovative in project implementation
- Honesty, discretion, Trustworthy, Flexible
- Sound work ethics
- Passion for the well-being of others, especially children and young people
- Coordination and liaising skills
Closing date: 13th January 2017
To apply, submit applications to email@example.com