Grassroot Soccer South Africa
Join the extraordinary team at Grassroot Soccer South Africa in the role of
Location: Grassroot Soccer South Africa Headquarters, Johannesburg
Reporting to: Managing Director
Compensation range: Commensurate based on experience
About Grassroot Soccer
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is an international adolescent health organisation that leverages the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilise youth to overcome their greatest health challenges, live healthier, more productive lives, and be agents for change in their communities. GRS connects young people with the mentors, information, and health services they need to thrive, and empowers adolescents to make educated choices about pressing health challenges such as HIV, SRHR and gender-based violence. With proven results and a constant focus on research and innovation, GRS has evolved into one of the leading Sport for Development public health NGOs since founding in 2002. To date, over 1.7 million young people have graduated from GRS programmes in nearly 50 countries with adolescent-friendly health education. In South Africa, GRS manages community centres in three locations, Alexandra and Soweto in Gauteng Province and Khayelitsha in Western Cape Province, as well as headquarter offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town. GRS works in nine provinces in South Africa, directly and through partnerships, providing capacity building and technical support for local organisations. GRS South Africa is affiliated with Grassroot Soccer, Inc., a global non-profit organisation based in the United States, and employs 90 full-time staff, including three social workers, and approximately 300 Coaches who deliver evidence-based programming to youth. Since opening in South Africa in 2006, Grassroot Soccer has trained over 500 Coaches, graduated over 220,000 youth, tested over 35,000 at-risk youth for HIV, and distributed HIV prevention education materials to millions of South Africans through schools and mass media information campaigns.
To assist in the execution of people processes by providing Human Resource (HR) support to staff in the implementation of the GRS SA human resources strategy by ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the HR processes and practices.
Compensation and Employee Benefits
- Timeously prepare the monthly HR payroll report (salary advances, loans, new engagements, terminations, etc) and submit to Finance for capturing and processing.
- Manage relations with the company’s preferred medical aid and provide support to staff on medical aid related queries.
Employee Wellness Programme
- Implement the organisation’s employee wellness programme.
- Provide regular written reports on the progress of the wellness programme and the implementation of intervention measures.
- Manage the relationship with wellness service providers in line with signed Service-Level Agreements (SLA).
- Manage the planning and implementation of wellness days and other employee wellness intervention measures.
- Make recommendations and implement measures for improving the wellness programme.
Recruitment and Selection
- Prepare job advertisements.
- Screen job applications and prepare a list for interviews.
- Ensure that recruitment and selection practices are in line with legislative requirements and organisational policies and procedures.
- Ensure that recruitment and selection practices and policies facilitate the appropriate attraction, assessment, selection and placement of employees into GRS SA’s organisational structure, ensuring the best individual and organisational fit.
- Assist in managing the employment contracting and on-boarding process.
- Assist in the implementation of performance management strategies.
- Provide technical support in the execution of performance management processes
- Collate all performance management related data.
Training and Skills Development
- In conjunction with line managers, analyse training needs and prioritise training initiatives in accordance with organisational priorities, needs and budget parameters.
- Develop and implement a Workplace Skills Plan (WSP) in accordance with the identified training needs within the organisation and prepare the annual training report in accordance with legislative requirements for approval by the Skills Development Committee.
- In consultation with line management, facilitate the preparation, implementation and monitoring of appropriately informed Personal Development Plans for all GRS staff.
- Where appropriate, conduct relevant training sessions for GRS staff.
- Conduct research and provide advice to line management on appropriate external training initiatives.
- In consultation and in accordance with the approved WSP, manage the skills development budget.
- Ensure that skills development information is accurately maintained in the database.
- Ensure the accurate record keeping of employee information throughout the employee life cycle.
- Manage the leave administration and timesheet process.
- Ensure that all administrative functions are executed in a professional, confidential, efficient and effective manner e.g. leave management, filing systems, etc.
- Analyse statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of human resource problems, and submit recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure the adherence to HR systems security controls to safeguard the confidential integrity and access of employee information.
- Ensure data integrity of HR systems.
- Monitor the expiry of employment contracts and maintain the contracts database.
- Action all steps required to terminate an employee from the company in accordance with the terminations procedure e.g. medical aid, prepare and issue the certificate of service, ensure steps are taken to issue the employee with a UIF certificate.
- Conduct relevant research on best practice as it relates to HR analytics.
- Facilitate the implementation of HR policies and procedures so that the understanding, implementation and practice of policies and procedures across GRS SA is consistent and standard.
- Keep abreast of relevant HR trends and ensure such best practice is integrated into the organisation’s HR practices.
- In consultation with the Managing Director, prepare and deliver presentations at relevant meetings and forums.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or diploma in HR Management, or a related qualification.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Good working experience implementing training and skills development strategies and processes.
- Good working experience in supporting the implementation of performance management strategies and processes.
- Good working experience working on the payroll.
- Excellent working experience in co-ordinating employee wellness programmes and payroll processes.
- Sound knowledge and application of all relevant legislations.
- Sound knowledge and application of recruitment and selection practices and procedures.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office - including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Able to pay attention to detail.
- Able to use discretion and deal with sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Excellent planning, organisation and administration skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Able to interpret data and information in order to generate appropriate reports.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to use own initiative and take ownership of tasks.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Good team player.
- Customer service orientated.
- Responsible and accountable.
- Good work ethic.
- Innovative in problem solving.
- Able to exercise judgement.
Send your letter of motivation, resumé and contact details for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject line: GRS SA – HR Practitioner.
Applications close on Monday, 9 January 2017, 16:00 SAST.