BirdLife South Africa
BirdLife South Africa (BLSA), based in Johannesburg, South Africa, is one of the largest, most active, non-governmental conservation organisations in South Africa.
BirdLife South Africa is the South African partner of BirdLife International, which operates through partners in over 120 countries and territories worldwide. The BirdLife Partnership forms the leading and internationally-acclaimed authority on the status of birds, their habitats, and the issues and problems affecting birds. BirdLife South Africa has special links with the BirdLife partners in Africa, and the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds in the UK.
BirdLife South Africa is recruiting a Human Resources (HR) Manager/PA to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The incumbent will be responsible for providing an effective and efficient human resource generalist function that is aligned with BLSA’s vision, mission and organisational goals.
The primary responsibilities will be:
- assistance to the CEO, including with travel arrangements and communications.
- HR management, including employment and other contracts.
- ensuring that BLSA attends to its statutory and legal requirements.
- provision of assistance to Finance & Operations Manager and Bookkeeper.
- organisation of, and minute taking at, several BLSA committees, including Executive Board meetings.
- administration of BLSA’s legacy programme.
- management of the BLSA’s staff performance management process.
- consult and advise management and staff on labour relations issues.
- monitoring BLSA’s Employment Equity Plan against targets and goals, and preparing and submitting Employment Equity report.
- identifying training needs within BLSA, and coordinating and arranging suitable training interventions.
- develop, update and implement all HR policies and procedures.
- perform any other reasonable tasks as and when requested by the CEO.
This position will be renewed annually, but dependent on funding and performance.
The preferred candidate will:
- have a degree or diploma in Human Resource Management,
- have at least 6-8 years’ experience in a similar position,
- be organised, efficient, and fluent in written and spoken English,
- have knowledge of South Africa’s labour legislation,
- have exemplary people, administrative, time management and organisational skills,
- have an interest in and knowledge of environmental conservation.
- have a valid code B motor vehicle driving licence.
The successful candidate will report to Mark D. Anderson, CEO at BirdLife South Africa.
The position is based at Isdell House, BirdLife South Africa’s head office in Dunkeld West, Johannesburg.
BLSA offers a salary which is commensurate with the position and responsibilities.
Successful applicants will be required to attend interviews in Johannesburg.
Details of BLSA can be obtained from www.birdlife.org.za or by requesting the information from Mark D. Anderson at email@example.com or Fanie du Plessis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are to submit a comprehensive CV with three contactable referees, as well as a 1-2 page motivation as to how they would see their role in this post. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Candidates who have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date must please assume that their applications were not successful. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates.
BLSA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
BLSA is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: 11 January 2017.
To apply please e-mail your CV and motivation to email@example.com with the subject title: “Application for HR Manager/PA to CEO position”.