Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments is South Africa’s leading corporate social investment manager. Led by a team of thought leaders, Tshikululu provides private sector entities with a one-stop service to undertake comprehensive social investment and community grant making in line with national and international development trends.
Tshikululu Social Investments seeks to appoint a Social Investment Analyst, based in Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will implement client social investment strategies and programmes through grantmaking and programme management. This will be achieved by complying with Tshikululu’s social investment, governance and knowledge practices and processes.
- Grantmaking and programme management
- Evaluate all grant applications that meet Tshikululu and Client strategy requirements by assessing funding proposals, analysing data, submitting recommendations, highlighting risks (including financial, compliance and reputational) and opportunities for investment and submitting for review
- Participate in programme specific grant application review by presenting grant recommendations, participating in short listing potential grant applicants, conducting reference checks and verification of grant applicants, scheduling and coordinating meetings to discuss proposals with grant applicants and participating in meetings to provide administrative support as required
- Participate in relevant Grant Approval meetings by accurately presenting required information to support decision making
- Pro-actively track that all grant applicants are notified of final decision by engaging with Grant Administration team, finalising and sending out accurate, professional grant contracts (when applicable) and addressing any queries as and when required
- Manage active grants/programmes by maintaining professional and productive relationships with grantee partners, ensuring strong monitoring and evaluation of supported projects and activities, receiving and reviewing reports from partners and producing reports on impact for clients
- Support SI specialists and team in the development of high-quality social investment strategies for clients, including both new clients and revision of current strategies for existing clients
- Ensure that all required maintenance is completed and up-to-date on the system for all grants being managed
- Monitoring and Evaluation Coordination
- Implement M&E plan for allocated grants/programmes by following defined M&E approach and plan, implementing allocated tools, gathering input at defined plan timelines, accurately capture and collate data and analyse by deadlines and agreed standards
- Conduct site visits as and when required and approved by line manager, by complying with the M&E protocols and in line with the M&E plan
- Coordinate that all Grant M&E data is received and utilised by tracking, collecting, following up until received, capturing into approved system and analysing for integration into client reports, improvement of strategies and internal knowledge sharing within SLA
- General Activities
- Contribute to Tshikululu’s thought leadership activities by producing high-quality thought pieces, taking part in various internal and external forums and attending relevant workshops/conferences
- Assist administration team to coordinate and organise events and functions when required
- Coordinate travel arrangements by following the travel policy as and when required
- Manage that all documents are stored / filed securely and compliantly by following the relevant procedures and policies within SLA
- Provide additional support to ensure effective implementation of social investment team activities, by receiving request and implementing as and when required
- Key interactions / relationships with Internal stakeholders, SI Specialists, Beneficiary organisations
- Degree in Development, Economics, Commerce, Social Sciences or similar is required
- Two years’ Social Investment experience preferred
- Two years’ project management experience preferred
To apply, submit your applications to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for the interview travel cost or relocation cost.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Tshikululu Social Investments reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised.
Ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
For more about the Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.