Star For Life
Star For Life (SFL) is a nonprofit organisation with the mission to inspire young people to value learning, acquire the knowledge and skills they need for productive work, and live healthy and meaningful lives. SFL has developed a unique set of programmes and workshops that we are currently running in 88 High Schools in South Africa and Namibia to add value to the regular Life Orientation curriculum. Our method empowers learners with self-esteem and internal incentives to adopt positive attitudes and constructive behaviours.
SFL seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, based in KwaZulu Natal.
The main purpose of this position is to provide monitoring and evaluation for Star For Life programmes and projects in South Africa. The M&E Specialists will support the M&E Manager/ Programme Manager in all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish for all programmes and projects, both new and established.
- To assist Star for Life Programmes in developing and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Work with the Programme Manager in coordinating organisational M&E plans, in line with the programme and organisation strategic goals
- Work closely with the programme managers and project leaders, to ensure overall indicator design aligns with programme and organisation strategic goals, and indicators are realistic, measurable and targets reflect intended outcomes
- Support the project teams in conducting baseline surveys and research
- Ensure understanding of M&E theory and practice by implementation
- Participate in the collection of routine programme monitoring data, and facilitate its integration into continuous quality improvement and programme development
- Assist the Programme manager in establishing and managing routine internal reporting processes related to data collection. This will include facilitation of understanding information needs, designing data collection systems, outlining monitoring responsibilities, designing reporting forms and systems
- Contribute and input in support of research, grant/partnership proposals, publications and Star For Life presentations
- Perform data analysis and interpretation, make recommendations and support the dissemination of evaluation findings to relevant stakeholders at appropriate forums
- Represent SFL at relevant meetings and conferences as directed by the Programme Manager or Executive Director
- Assist with compiling and submitting data and reports to partners and funders
- Prepare presentations for Management on finding key lessons learned
- Assist Programme Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from new initiatives
- Bachelor Degree in M&E or any Social science discipline
- Proven Knowledge of research methods
- Valid driver’s license will be an advantage
- Understanding of project management
- Experience working with learners or youth an added advantage
- Monitoring and Evaluation techniques and processes
- Data collection, analysis and management.
- Communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Self-motivated person who can work without supervision
To apply, submit a CV, relevant qualifications and motivation letter stating the Post you are applying for to email@example.com or fax (035) 562 0422.
For more information, contact: Ms. Sharon Mbambo (035) 562 3149.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should no feedback be received within two weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was not successful.
For more about Star For Life, refer to www.starforlife.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.