Networking HIV, AIDS Community of South Africa (NACOSA)
|Vacancy||Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – Durban and Cape Town|
|Role description||Responsible for the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies, systems and tools that will ensure accurate and timely programme data. The incumbent will lead all monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities; as well as support all aspects contributing to the efficient and effective attainment of programme outcomes.|
|Location||Durban and Cape Town|
|Application details||Completed Application Form and CV.|
|Closing date||16h00 on Friday, 09 December 2016|
NACOSA is a network of over 1,500 civil society organisations working to turn the tide on HIV, AIDS and TB in Southern Africa. NACOSA promotes dialogue, builds capacity with accredited training, mentoring and technical assistance and channels resources to support service delivery on the ground, particularly among key populations, vulnerable children and women and girls. As a community of learning, as well as a large grant-maker, NACOSA is a rewarding environment for people who want to make a difference in the HIV, AIDS and TB response.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is a permanent position to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation strategies, systems and tools that will ensure accurate and timely programme data.
The key performance areas of the role are:
- Develop, implement and manage robust M&E systems and frameworks for the NACOSA programme and implementing partners. Including, but not limited to, M&E frameworks, data management systems, data flows, data collection systems, quality assurance and reporting
- Management and oversight of the collection, capturing, analysis & reporting of programmatic data by NACOSA implementing partners
- Conduct M&E visits to implementing partners to provide M&E related orientation, training and mentorship for NACOSA implementing partners and programme staff.
- Conduct onsite data verification of NACOSA implementing partners.
- Data management including maintenance and interrogation of data with NACOSA’s MSAccess data management system.
- Create or refine and enforce programme-wide M&E protocols, including manuals and reference guides, for proper implementation of the M&E system, frameworks and related functions.
- Design, project manage and provide technical input for external programme evaluations and other research studies.
- Assist with all other strategic information related to programmatic activities which involves data collection and analysis and enhanced data use to inform programme improvements.
Qualifications and experience:
- Post Graduate degree or equivalent in Monitoring and Evaluation/Research/Public Health or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing monitoring and evaluation systems for programmes in the health and social development sectors, HIV/AIDS and OVC programme experience preferred
- Experience with bilateral and multilateral donor M&E reporting requirements, USAID experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of data management systems and strong skills in data review, interrogation and interpretation.
- Experience managing, consolidating, analysing and reporting on large datasets.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation systems that involve capacity building for field staff and monitoring and promotion of data quality
- Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions
Skills and attributes:
- Strong computer skills with work experience using data management systems and MS Office, in particular MS Excel and MS Access
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify data quality issues and synthesis data efficiently and effectively
- Attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and thorough engagement with tasks
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, high stress environment
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently with little supervision
- Strong planning, time management and project management skills
- Results-oriented, professional, accountable and proactive
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to work as a team member with multidisciplinary teams.
- Valid drivers’ license, own reliable vehicle and willingness to travel extensively within South Africa.
Remuneration will be competitive, based on skills and experience.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks consider your application as unsuccessful. NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- NACOSA respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.