Centre for Justice and Crime Prevention (CJCP)
The Centre for Justice & Crime Prevention (CJCP) is a Section 21 Company that works to develop, inform and promote evidence-based crime prevention practice, with a particular focus on children and youth. The organisation has three primary programmatic areas: research, training and projects. Each area functions as a discrete programme, although the outcomes of each inform and influence the activities of the others.
CJCP seeks to appoint a Senior Researcher, based in Cape Town.
The CJCP offers a competitive package, commensurate with experience.
This is a three-year contract position, subject to performance and funding.
- Undertake rigorous survey and quantitative research in one or more of CJCP focus areas
- Contribute to all stages of the research process
- Manage survey field teams and large-scale research projects
- Collect, analyse and interpret data from research projects
- Write descriptive, analytical and evaluative research reports
- Liaise with project partners and key stakeholders
- Positively promote the work of the CJCP and its activities
- Assist in the publication and dissemination of research findings
- PHD or Master’s degree in social science, preferably psychology, sociology, anthropology or criminal justice studies
- Minimum five years applied research experience in the field of violence prevention, and implementation science as an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Effective programme management skills, including budget management, team management, planning and reporting
- Ability to function under levels of pressure
- Proven knowledge of SPSS, STATA or an equivalent statistical package
- Publication record
- A valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel regularly
To apply, submit a detailed CV (including the contact details of two referees), motivational letter as to why you would be suitable for this position to Rene Kiewiet firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in January 2017.
The CJCP supports employment equity and persons from previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
For more about Centre for Justice & Crime Prevention, refer to www.cjcp.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.