The New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is a nonprofit organisation that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
The Trust seeks to recruit a Programme Coordinator, based in Kimberly
The suitable candidate will provide technical assistance and leadership in the coordination and management of Adolescent Youth Friendly Services (AYFS) programme in the region.
Remuneration package: R320 000 CTC per annum.
- Conduct a situational analysis to inform strategies for successful rollout of AYFS Programme in the region
- Conduct periodic situational analysis to inform programme strategy
- Engage the District department of Health as vested interest partners in the process
- Engage young people within the district as relevant stakeholders in the process
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders – leading to formal partnerships in the delivery of AYFS
- Facilitate the signing of an AYFS Service Agreement with the district Departments of Health
- Facilitate the establishment of a well-functioning regional-level AYFS steering committee (or equivalent) in partnership with the DoH
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date AYFS stakeholder database
- Organize AYFS Strategic Planning Workshops for Senior Management within the DoH and loveLife (or other AYFS stakeholders, as required)
- Provide AYFS training and post-training support that ensures successful implementation of AYFS programme in the region (This refers to an implementation partnership between loveLife and the DoH)
- Provide AYFS Orientation training with DoH and loveLife personnel
- Facilitate AYFS progress review/planning sessions within other loveLife meetings (This may include regional and/or other relevant internal staff meetings)
- Market AYFS, in partnership with other loveLife and Department of Health personnel (This may include events to strengthen AYFS’ public persona, to solicit political buy-in, to strengthen provider buy-in (loveLife, DoH, other AYFS providers and other youth service practitioners) or to grow young people’s involvement with the programme)
- Co-facilitate public relations events with other loveLife personnel and DoH counterparts
- Formally acknowledge in the delivery of AYFS
- Coordinate assessment of AYFS standards for implementing clinics to gauge service levels
- Facilitate AYFS recognition and/or award ceremonies, in partnership with the DoH
- Fulfill reporting requirements for departmental progress reports
- Ensure that appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools are available and used for assessing programme progress and success
- Exhibit the technical proficiency to support AYFS and operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensure that programme databases are prepared according to guidelines, and kept up-to-date
- Maintain a well-organized AYFS file for the region
- A suitable tertiary qualification (medical or nursing degree or a related discipline
- Three years related experience
- Proven ability to interact with and mobilize people at all levels around HIV prevention and/or health systems reform
- Demonstrated ability to secure commitment for large-scale programme implementation
- Demonstrated experience in training and programme implementation
- Sound knowledge of training methodologies, training design and social research methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to promote the use of research findings and technical guidelines for the improvement of health systems and the scale-up of interventions
- Strong working knowledge of HIV and AIDS and related issues, proven through past positions
- Pro-active, self-initiator with established leadership qualities
- A valid driver’s license & Willingness to travel
- Accredited assessor qualification would be advantageous
- Fluency in local languages used in region would be an advantage
To apply, submit a summarised CV (no certificates) to email@example.com quoting the name of the position in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the New loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SANGONeT.