Health Systems Trust (HST)
Health Systems Trust (HST) is an innovative non-profit organisation working to strengthen ongoing development of comprehensive health systems in southern Africa. Using a primary health care approach, we specialise in conducting health research, providing technical support, and information dissemination. The organisations strategies are designed to promote equity and efficiency in health and healthcare delivery.
HST seeks to appoint a Project Manager for Paediatric and Adolescent HIV, based in Durban.
The project uses quality improvement strategies to accelerate the identification of HIV-positive children and adolescents and their enrolment in treatment, ensuring that clinical and community care linkages are improved so that they are retained in care.
The Project Manager will be responsible for initiating, implementing and managing project activities, whilst contributing to technical initiatives within the organisation, such as proposal-writing and business development activities.
This is a fixed-term contract position and is renewable based on continuation of funding.
A salary package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications and in line with HST’s job grading system will be offered.
- Lead, manage and co-ordinate the planning, implementation and monitoring of the Health Systems Strengthening project to fast-track the achievement of 90-90-90 targets in the identified districts in KZN
- Liaise with the Provincial Department of Health and manage multi-stakeholder relationships with funders, development partners and civil society organisations
- Manage project deliverables to meet the stated project targets and outcomes
- Advise and provide technical leadership and direction to a multidisciplinary project team on strategic issues in the field of paediatric and adolescent HIV
- Ensure high-quality project outputs aligned with both internal and external (funders) requirements
- Ensure the timely management of project risks and appropriate mitigation strategies
- Contribute and participate in meetings, conferences and workshops in collaboration with other projects and units
- Develop and monitor annual project budgets and align these with the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Compile internal and external (funders’) project reports as required
- Provide technical support to the project team in documenting good practices and lessons learnt.
- A postgraduate qualification in Public Health and/or other specialist qualification in HIV-related health services
- Five years’ experience in the public health field, with emphasis and experience in paediatric and adolescent HIV
- Five years’ experience in project management or health management
- Demonstrated training skills
- Advanced knowledge in designing and implementing health information reporting systems
- Understanding and application of quality improvement models and processes
- Ability to prepare and edit reports in a grammatically concise, scientifically correct manner
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with diverse backgrounds
- Experience in working in an NGO environment is recommended
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel extensively
To apply, submit a detailed CV, stating the position applied for, together with the names and contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of all qualifications and identity documents.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
E-mail users are requested to set the delivery option of their message on both “Return Receipt” and “Confirm Delivery”.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks.
If you have not been contacted within one month of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
HST reserves the right to not fill this position.
HST Promotes Employment Equity.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more about Health Systems Trust, refer to www.hst.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit www.goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.