Save the Children South Africa
|Job Title:||Project Administrator|
Child Protection Level:
|Education Manager, MEAL
Own and project assets
Provide administrative support to the project and the project team, manage logistical arrangements for project events, coordinate and organise activities with the project team and manage data collection and management activities.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Collect, process, organize, administer and update data within the project
- Provide administration support to the project and students
- Receive, record and refer student queries to relevant people
- Organize logistics for workshops, meetings, project reviews and annual meetings
- Develop quarterly calendar of events for all project events and activities, constantly updating the project schedule,
- Manage and organize resources needed by students such as study materials, buying and distribution of books
- Assist students visiting the office or calling the office with their quires
- Assisting external mentors with their monthly administration needs and submission of invoices to finance
- Keep schedule of students with (and communicate promptly) outstanding issues academic, bursary issues, teaching practice issues that need urgent attention and follow up
- Document meeting minutes, registers, confirm meeting attendance and prepare meeting documentations for attendees
- Work with MEAL department (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) to collect evidence used for reporting
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Matric Certificate
- Post-Matric qualification will be an added advantage
- Data Management Experience
- Administration qualifications and organizing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be able to communicate effectively across all levels
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, with good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Strong ability to multi-task, can work independently without direct supervision
- Understanding of an NGO environment
- Empathy and interest in Save the Children´s mission and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrable ability to lead influence and motivate others.
- Exceptional communication skills and abilities, self-confidence, energy and a strong spirit of teamwork.
- Commercial acumen with strategy and planning, financial and budgeting expertise and a flair for innovation.
- Versatility to combine self-management and self-support when working alone with productive team membership and leadership when working with the team.
The closing date is 30 September 2016.
To apply, submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 'reference JDPA'