Ilifa Labantwana is an innovative and ambitious national Early Childhood Development programme set up in 2009. Ilifa was established as a strategic partnership between the DG Murray Trust, the ELMA Foundation, First Rand Foundation and the UBS Optimus Foundation as a response to a strategic opportunity to address key gaps in access to ECD programmes in South Africa.
Based in Claremont, Cape Town, Ilifa Labantwana is seeking applications from high level strategic leaders for the role of
who will play a key role in establishing and nurturing partnerships that leverage additional funding, facilitate programme implementation, enable Ilifa to innovate systems solutions and ensure long-term sustainability and Government systems integration.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing overall strategic direction and leadership for Ilifa
- Ensuring efficient and effective governance and management of Ilifa
- Ensuring that the Ilifa Management Board and Exco have the necessary, timely information for effective governance and compliance
- Building and sustaining a skilled, motivated team
- Ensuring the delivery of Ilifa programmes
- Maintaining efficient and effective internal systems
- Ensuring sound financial management and predictable funding flows
- Establishing and maintaining strategic relationships
- Positioning Ilifa as a thought leader in the ECD sector and an exemplar in public-private partnerships for development
Applicants must be seasoned strategic senior managers with the ability to lead a team in effectively managing large complex multi-stakeholder programmes. Experience in partnering with government and an understanding of government protocols and knowledge of the overall political landscape in South Africa is essential. Skills in financial management, fundraising and strategic oversight of budgets are required. The successful candidate will be an excellent networker with superior skills of engagement and the ability to relate to stakeholders across the board. Attributes such as resilience, tenacity, creativity and wisdom are highly desirable.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Monday 05th September 2016 to email@example.com