Zoë-Life Innovative Solutions
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (LinkCARE)
|Supervisor’s Title:||LinkCARE Project Manager - Pediatrics|
|Duty Station:||Johannesburg, Gauteng|
|Duration:||100% Full Time, Fixed Term Project|
Zoë-Life is a professional and innovative South African Capacity Building and Development organization, working in the field of Public Health and Social Transformation.
South Africa Partners has been awarded a grant from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Cooperative agreement number 1U2GGH001554 to implement a programme, LinkCARE. This programme provides targeted technical assistance and support for the development and implementation of key aspects of HIV/AIDS care and support services to the South African government. The aim of the programme is to improve the comprehensive package of routine HIV care and support services and interventions, including early linkage and retention to care. The priority areas include, build human resource capacity; design and implement effective tools for successful programming; promote implementation of the National Adherence Guidelines for Chronic Diseases (HIV, TB and NCDs); and improve systems and processes for managing programs and activities.
LinkCARE aims to provide support to National DoH (LinkCARE Technical Advisor); Provincial DoH (LinkCARE Technical Advisor); and at a District Level (provide support to PEPFAR District Support Partners), to build on existing interventions and comprehensive care and support services, including the development of an integrated paediatric and youth programs and mental health services, implementing in eight provinces in South Africa. To promote implementation of the National Adherence Guidelines for Chronic Diseases (HIV, TB and NCDs). Zoë-Life is a sub awardee under South Africa Partners for the LinkCARE project.
The organisation seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, based in Johannesburg, Gauteng. In conjunction with the National Programme Manager and M&E Specialist, the M&E Officer will contribute to the future development of the overall monitoring and evaluation framework; prepare the workplan and a detailed budget for M&E activities, including data collection, data analysis, strategic dissemination and utilization of findings to improve performance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with SA Partners M&E Specialist to refine various LinkCARE data collection instruments and system (both quantitative and qualitative), and maintain a results database to aggregate data.
- Provide overall management for the implementation of the LinkCARE M&E system with all LinkCARE partners, working closely with other LinkCARE staff, consultants and District Support Partners (DSPs) and provide progress updates to the National TA, donors and key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the project personnel to develop a detailed monitoring and evaluation plan showing how targets and outcomes will be measured.
- Serve as the primary point person for all monitoring and evaluation related work including information-gathering process for results and performance reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers, presentations, etc. for various audiences as needed.
- Train LinkCARE staff and partners on the accurate use of the monitoring systems, providing ongoing coaching/support through regular site monitoring visits, and ensure quality control and problem solving as needed.
- Maintain contacts with M&E/ Information Officers of the key stakeholders eg NDoH and PDoH
- Document good practices, lessons learned trends, cross-cutting policy, implementation issues, analyse and interpret data to provide information to the project’s Principal Recipient on strategic programme impact.
- Research and collect content and stories about the project's achievements to provide feedback to the National TA on project strategies and activities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the project
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the National TA in preparing relevant reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and agreed upon.
Education and Experience:
- A Degree /Diploma in Health, Social Science, development studies, statistics or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in applied skills in designing and implementing M&E activities, capacity building and formative or operations research for HIV/AIDS. PEPFAR experience a plus.
- Knowledge of HIV surveillance issues, quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques, and data analysis techniques. Experience with management information systems.
- Knowledge of District Health Information System (DHIS), current DOH indicators and targets, and South African Health Information Systems indicators.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Strong knowledge of the DHIS
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with participatory monitoring.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, and problem solving skills; excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with DoH and other government agencies.
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills and expertise with relevant software.
- Demonstrated ability to produce reports and to represent project findings to project stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and mentoring skills; capable of directing and managing change, inspiring teamwork, and motivating partners to achieve results.
- Quick learner and self-starter with ability to take initiative and work in a start-up and team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and present data in a highly organised manner.
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Ability to travel up to 50% Nationally
- Driver’s license essential
For applications, contact email@example.com