|Job Title:||Finance and Administration Officer, South Africa|
|Salary:||Commensurate with Experience|
|Location:||Johannesburg, South Africa, with up to 30% travel in South Africa|
|Reports to:||NASTAD South Africa Country Director|
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the NASTAD-SA Finance and Administration Officer will lead, manage, coordinate and implement all matters pertaining to Finance & Administration (F&A) functions as required by the NASTAD-SA policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and other applicable governing regulations; including providing technical support and applying innovative F&A methods to ensure effective and efficient NASTAD-SA F&A operations.
The Finance and Administration Officer(FAO) will be expected to:
- Take responsibility for all accounting and financial procedures and records of the NASTAD-SA office including but not limited to:
- Ensuring adherence to NASTAD-SA SOPs for finance-related matters including but not limited to cost-effective procurement processes;
- Managing cash disbursements, cash receipts, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivables summaries and journal entries for adjustments to ledger sheets;
- Responsible for payroll calculations or reconciliations and paying taxes as required by the government of South Africa and generation and submission of required reports;
- Ensuring financial statements are accurate and up-to-date, and prepared in accordance with accounting standards and office’s policy and procedures;
- Ensuring all transactions are booked properly and in a timely manner. The deadlines for monthly reporting to NASTAD HQ are met. Any changes and/or delays are communicated properly and timely;
- Ensuring timely preparation of audit financial schedules making sure the balances are reconciled and variances explained;
- Preparing monthly cash flow projection, make sure funds are timely and adequately requested from the NASTAD HQ office.
- Create and apply fiscal controls and procedures within the NASTAD-SA F&A unit, in consultation with the Country Director;
- Develop and monitor NASTAD-SA budgets according to CDC and NASTAD HQ F&A standards;
- Work collaboratively with the Country Director to conduct periodic audits, budget analysis and comparisons to actual expenses as appropriate;
- Liaise with NASTAD HQ on all matters relating to F&A including the periodic financial reports and all other reports as per SOPs and; maintain communication between the NASTAD HQ Finance Department and NASTAD-SA to ensure maintenance of fiscal standards appropriate for NASTAD Global Programs;
- Manage travel, IT and telecommunications functions, ensuring that they are sufficiently and cost effectively deployed;
- Liaise with external auditors and ensure the statutory corporate requirements as laid out by local governing rules and regulations are carried out;
- Manage NASTAD-SA grants, sub-awards and contracts to ensure that the processes are executed properly in accordance with the respective policy and procedures;
- Ensure the effective and smooth administrative operations of NASTAD-SA national office, including day-to-day human resources (HR) administration;
- Assures strict adherence to donor and SARS VAT reporting requirements;
- Coordinate and actively participate in orientation and in-service training for personnel;
- Participate in strategic planning for the organization, and in creation of annual work plans at the beginning of each project/ program year;
- Assist the Country Director in reviewing and revising policies and procedures that enhances NASTAD-SA programs;
- Ensure that all levels of risk that NASTAD-SA may be exposed to are identified and measures put in place;
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Country Director.
- Excellent business-oriented oral and written communication skills.
- Good command of the English language.
- Strong organizational, electronic file management and computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and financial database.
- Thorough understanding of relevant U.S. and South African laws and regulations necessary to operationalize program plans and budgets (e.g. policies on labor law, purchasing, taxation, documentation and reporting, etc.).
- Exceptional ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work within budgetary constraints typical in a small NGO.
- Proven administrative and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work in a highly technical and lean team;
- Effectively work with organizational leadership on strategic, operational, and organizational issues;
- Communicate effectively with partners, staff, and colleagues with a high level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality;
- Monitor and document observed activities;
- Write clear and accurate reports;
- Effectively work in collaboration with multiple stakeholders or partners;
- Effectively communicate long-distance via telephone, Skype, or other appropriate technology.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting and Business Administration.
- Five or more years of finance, accounting and business administration experience in international non-for-profit organizations funded by United States Government (USG) and/or other international source of funding.
- Past experience of managing and coordinating day-to-day business operations.
- Proven project management experience - working in an organization with several significant projects and multiple tasks.
- Practical knowledge of USG grants and cooperative agreement rules and regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Proven contracts, grants and cooperative agreement management experience.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the South African health care structure and system.
Physical Effort and Dexterity
Position requires mobility and ability to travel independently.
Visual Acuity, Hearing, and Speaking
Position requires the ability to communicate effectively both in person and via telephone and/or non-visual internet connection.
Environment and Scheduling
- Interest in working with an HIV/AIDS public health organization.
- Interest in working within a diverse work environment.
- Willingness to travel throughout South Africa, as required.
Special Working Conditions
Position requires legal residence and right-to-work in South Africa. NASTAD will not provide relocation and/or housing assistance for individual selected for position.
This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and work experience. The employer has the right to revise this posting and/or the job description at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment.
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR.SouthAfrica@NASTAD.org Subject line should read “Finance and Administration Officer, South Africa” only; a cover letter, with salary requirements, and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants.
Due to the extremely high volume of resumes, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position will be accepted.