Pact, an international NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ an Associate Program Officer an approximately 2 year employment contract to work for its USAID-funded Government Capacity Building Programme (GCBS).
ASSOCIATE PROGRAM OFFICER: EXTERNAL TECHNICAL SERVICES (APO: ETC)
The Associate Program Officer: External Technical Services (APO: ETC) will be responsible for oversight and administration of all external technical service contracts. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Program Design, Development and Administration:
- Drafting and reviewing Requests for Proposals/Applications, Terms of Reference, Scopes of Work and other contract/programmatic documents
- Program monitoring and support by monitoring of deliverable schedules and following up with contractors
- Overall management and oversight of assigned technical service contracts and drafting of reports
- Drafting of contract documents such as contracts, modifications, award/issues letters, selection memos and negotiation memos
- Assisting with contract budget negotiations by ensuring alignment between budgeted items and scope of work activities.
- Ensuring contractors compliance with donor regulations and contract terms and conditions
- Contribute to the development of systems, tools, templates, manuals, trainings, policies, and procedures regarding contracts management.
- Assist with the organization of hard copy and soft copy filing to ensure that files are auditable and contain all relevant contractual documents and that all files/emails are properly labeled.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field
- 2 or more years of experience in administration of USAID grants and contracts
- Ability to conceptualise a technical project from scratch
- Proven skills in program design and development
- Cursory knowledge of budgeting and financial management
- Knowledge of SAG working environment, USAID/USG rules and regulations applicable to contracts
- Interpersonal and written communication skills, specifically report writing skills
- A team player with an ability to coordinate across departments
- Extremely detail orientated, self-driven proactive individual with great initiative
- Computer proficiency, particularly regarding MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
- Extensive proficiency in spreadsheet software (i.e. Excel)
- Fluency in English and an ability to communicate fluently in one of SA indigenous languages
- Must be South African citizen with a valid driver’s license.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Associate Program Officer: External Technical Services” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Tuesday, 30 August 2016 @ 10h00
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful