Southern Africa Network for Biosciences
BioFISA II Programme Seed Projects
Call for Innovative Technologies
Call ID: V6LFISA/2016/SGF002
This is a two-phased call for funding of innovative technologies as part of the Seed Grant. In this call, only an Expression of Interest is submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, the selected applicants will be invited for training to refine their applications before submitting a full application. Seed Grants will assist innovators to advance technologies along the innovation value chain from proof of concept to technology demonstration.
NEPAD SANBio/BioFISA II Programme invites innovators from the 12 SADC countries) to submit an applications for grants to support innovative technologies in nutrition challenges faced by the region under this Seed Grant call. Seed projects have the following general guidelines:
- Projects proposed should have at least proof of concept in place - this is a minimum requirement;
- The projects must ensure the involvement of at least two countries in any of the countries that SANBio operates in;
- The funding principle for projects will be as follows: 60 percent of the funding will come from BioFISA II and 20 percent cash and 20 pwercent costed in-kind contribution from the project implementation partner.
Applications for the Seed Project Grants should be innovations in the nutrition thematic areas and in line with the following focus areas:
- Alternative sources of protein;
- Post-Harvest Technologies - Novel food processing and preservation technologies that maintain the nutritional value of products;
- Nutraceutical products from indigenous plants;
- Food Safety tools, e.g. detection tools for aflatoxins.
The duration for Seed projects shall not exceed 18 months.
Expression of Interest Submissions
Applicants are requested to submit their Expression of Interest to the SANBio/BioFISA II Programme Unit using the online platform and taking into account the guidelines that are applicable to this call. The guidelines and application forms can also be downloaded on the SANBio website (www.nepadsanbio.org). All enquiries should be sent by email to email@example.com by the 17th of August 2016, and these (together with the responses) will be shared with all prospective applicants on the SANBio website no later than 11 days before the submission deadline.
Up to R1 000 000 can be provided by the SANBio/BioFISA II programme per project.
Only applications which are submitted to SANBio/BioFISA II Programme using appropriate templates and adhering to the minimum criteria will be considered.
Applications should be submitted by 31 August 2016 at 24h00 (GMT+2).
BioFISA II Programme
Southern Africa Network for Biosciences (SANBio), Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR),
Building 20, Meiring Naude Road, Brummeria, Pretoria, 0184
Tel: +27 12 841 7334, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Submission: 31 August 2016
For more about the Southern Africa Network for Biosciences, refer to www.nepadsanbio.org.
To view other opportunities, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities/other.