FW de Klerk Foundation
The FW de Klerk Foundation promotes and preserves FW de Klerk's presidential heritage by supporting the causes for which he worked during his presidency. The Foundation supports and promotes the Constitution through the activities of the Centre for Constitutional Rights; promotes unity in diversity by working for cordial inter-community relations and national unity; supports charities that care for children with disabilities; and provides information on FW de Klerk's presidency and the factors that led to South Africa's transition to a non-racial constitutional democracy.
The FW de Klerk Foundation seeks to appoint a Director of its newly established Centre for Unity in Diversity, based in Cape Town.
- Build constructive and constitutionally-based national unity
- Promote the constitutional rights of South Africa’s communities to preserve and develop their cultural, religious and linguistic identities within the framework of national unity
- Supervise personnel and administrative matters related to the Centre and co-ordinate the Centre’s activities with those of the Foundation
- Promote harmonious non-racial relations between all who live in South Africa
- Promote values, rights and principles in the Constitution through inter alia
- Analysis of actions, policies, and legislation affecting issues of unity and diversity and interpersonal relations
- Dialogue and interaction with government, non-governmental and other related organisations
- Draft constitutionally-based opinions on matters flowing from unity and diversity
- Write articles on unity and diversity matters
- Provision of advice on unity and diversity matters
- A post-graduate degree (preferably a master’s degree in the social sciences)
- Academic or practical experience in the social sciences, specifically political science
- A passionate commitment to upholding the Constitution and the rights flowing from it
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the socio-political situation in South Africa
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the balance between the concepts of national unity and cultural, religious and linguistic diversity
- Ability to write clear and authoritative opinions
- Human relations and communication skills
- Be bilingual (multilingualism would be an added advantage)
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Salary and conditions of employment will be subject to experience and the Foundation’s vision, management guidelines and budget.
Applicants will have an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development and implementation of the crucial concepts of unity and diversity in a critical period of the history of our diverse nation.
For more about the FW de Klerk Foundation, refer to www.fwdeklerk.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit www.goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.