Positive Vibes Trust is an African HIV, and Health & Rights NGO, with offices in Namibia and South Africa, and with a large international donor base, operating in south, east and West Africa mainly focusing on solidarity support to PLHIV, LGBTI and Sex Worker communities.
Positive Vibes Trust, as part of the International HIV/AIDS Alliance is implementing an exciting new 3-year regional programme titled “Realising Rights: Connecting key populations to health services and their communities” in four regions in Namibia. Funded by Comic Relief, Positive Vibes seeks to appoint an experienced and skilled National Programme Manager to be based in Windhoek, Namibia.
This is a full time position – initial 12-month contract, with a potential to extend for up to two years. Applicants must have a Namibian identity document or a valid work permit.
NATIONAL PROGRAMME MANAGER (NPM)
The main purpose of this full time post, based in Windhoek is to contribute to the development and implementation of PV’s national operations with Key Populations. The NPM will work in collaboration with donors and other partners to ensure that the operation will contribute to the broader national strategy, comply with donor contracts, and deliver results for the beneficiaries. Additionally, the NPM will act as Team Leader and undertake supervisory and strategic responsibilities of the Namibia team. The duties consist primarily of programme management (people, knowledge, budget management as well as technical and strategic leadership), and specifically;
- Planning and organising all programme related tasks and events in compliance with donor systems and agreed procedures.
- Fostering learning and sharing and new partnerships and supporting resource mobilization efforts.
- Developing and delivering tailored capacity support plans
- Leading on programme related advocacy
- Supervising and supporting other staff members
- Providing policy advice and strategic technical guidance and leadership:
Applicants should possess:
- Post Graduate degree in Public Health or associated field from a reputable tertiary education institution
- Relevant senior management experience: a minimum of 5 years
- Advanced management skills to plan, manage and coordinate projects, partners, people, budgets and risk
- Budget literacy
- A proven track record in resource mobilisation
- Experience in working with and sensitivity for KPs is highly desirable
- Experience and deep understanding of Human Rights and development sector work
- Experience in working with the donor funded systems and procedures is an added advantage
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm and ability to work under own initiative
- Valid driver’s licence
Submit a CV (max 3 pages), a motivation letter (max 2 pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not send copies of certificates.
Qualified and experienced persons from the Key Populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 31 May 2016 Close of business