The International Training and Education Centre for Health (I-TECH)
|Position Title:||HR Administrator|
|Type:||Fixed Term Contract (until September 2016)|
The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) is a US government-funded project that supports the development of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment training initiatives in 25 resource-limited countries acutely impacted by the global AIDS epidemic. I-TECH is an initiative of the University of Washington Schools of Medicine and Public Health & Community Medicine. Its Central Office is headquartered in Seattle, Washington and it currently supports 10 international offices, including one in Pretoria, South Africa.
I-TECH South Africa Mission:
I-TECH South Africa supports the development of a skilled health work force and a well-organized national health delivery system in order to provide effective prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases in South Africa.
The HR Administrator provides administrative support to the HR Consultant and HR Manager and other key managers on the I-TECH SA program. This includes but is not limited to administration related to: human resources; office and training related procurement; inventory management systems; general admin support for program staff in preparation for trainings and travel. All activities are to be conducted in close coordination and communication with the HR Consultant and HR Manager.
Human Resource Support 70%
- Support the Human Resource unit with administration related but not limited to: recruitment and selection; general filing, timesheet collection and record keeping; and leave filing, organograms
- Support with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office
- Arrange interviews in accordance with panel member’s availability
- Assist in setting up meetings
- Generate ADHOC and monthly reports
- Reconciliation of various payroll and benefit reports
- Benefits administration, including liaising with various service providers regarding member benefits
- Assist with administration associated with performance management, disciplinary, recruitment and selection, training and development, HR compliance
Administrative duties related to general administration –20%
- Send out request to staff re “All Staff” meeting agenda items
- Develop and print out copies of agenda one day prior to scheduled staff meeting
- Develop and distribute ”All Staff” meeting minutes within 3 working days
- Support senior management with basic admin tasks: this includes but is not limited to: daily faxing, copying, typing, scanning, systematic and coordinated collection and delivery of internal correspondence and paper management
- Assist in setting up meeting schedules as requested by senior management team and HR team
Other – 10%
Other related duties as assigned from time to time.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
All I-TECH South Africa employees are expected and required to adhere to I-TECH’s global operating principles in their interactions within and outside of the I-TECH South Africa office. This is important to the position of Administrative Assistant whose role is one of HR/general administrative support to the program. S/he is expected to work closely with the HR Manager.
- HR Diploma or other relevant business qualification
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years previous experience working in HR office administration
- A minimum of 2 years payroll administration and reconciliation experience
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. VIP and ESS would be advantageous
- Good communications skills to include fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing in English
- Previously demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and interact with all levels of staff and management
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Good human relations skills and proven high levels of integrity
- Proven experience in administrative
- Ability to work independently and give close attention to detail
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced office environment
Application process: Applicants are required to quote the relevant Position Title and Reference above when submitting their applications via email to email@example.com
Shortlisting will start on the 25th May 2016 and the position shall be open for applications until filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.