DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
Mellon Educate is a non-profit organisation aiming to transform under-achieving schools through intervention programmes which focus on development and academic improvement, exposing every child, regardless of background, to quality education to help them reach their full potential.
Mellon Educate seeks to appoint a Director of Education whose roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The development and implementation of the Mellon Educate Programme, identifying and co-ordinating the most efficient approach in its rollout.
- Implement research and evaluation methods to measure the success of the programme and its impact on educators and learners.
- Review the programme on an ongoing basis, participating in long- and short-term development and planning to ensure the delivery is both relevant and of high quality.
- Manage the Mellon Educate team of specialists, dealing effectively with day-to-day issues and ensuring performance standards are maintained.
- Represent Mellon Educate at local and national level, networking and building partnerships with relevant roleplayers.
- Keep abreast of developments in education and related fields to inform the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Masters Degree in Education, or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in the South African education environment with a good understanding of trends and developments in the education sector, specifically at primary and high school level. Educational NGO experience at senior level would be an advantage.
- A high level of skill in oral and written communications, planning, evaluation and governance.
- Excellent leadership qualities with the ability to effectively manage and direct staff.
- Some experience in the field of philanthropy, not-for-profit management and governance, fund development and community relations would be an advantage.
- Share the values, mission and vision of Mellon Educate which is to provide excellent education to all learners, irrespective of their backgrounds.
To apply please submit an updated CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 27 May 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from Mellon Educate within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.