Networking HIV, AIDS Community of South Africa (NACOSA)
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists
Cape Town (3 Positions)
Networking HIV/AIDS Community of South Africa (NACOSA), a dynamic NGO in the HIV/AIDS field, is inviting suitably qualified candidates within the Western Cape for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists to be taken up at our Century City office.
The M&E Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies, systems and tools that will ensure accurate and timely programme data. The incumbent will lead all monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities; as well as support all aspects contributing to the efficient and effective attainment of programme outcomes.
- Develop, implement and manage robust M&E systems and frameworks for the NACOSA programme and implementing partners. Including, but not limited to, M&E Frameworks, data management systems, data flows, data collection systems, and reporting.
- Management and oversight of the collection, capturing, analysis & reporting of programmatic data by NACOSA implementing partners.
- Create and enforce programme-wide M&E protocols, including manuals and reference guides, for proper implementation of the M&E system, frameworks and related functions.
- Conduct M&E visits to implementing partners to provide M&E related orientation, training and mentorship for NACOSA implementing partners and programme staff.
- Conduct onsite data verification of NACOSA implementing partners.
- Management and maintenance of NACOSA web-based data management system.
- Design, project manage and provide technical input for external programme evaluations and other research studies.
- Research and recommend changes to improve M&E systems and determine requirements related to such changes.
- Assist with all other strategic information related to programmatic activities which involves data collection and analysis and enhanced data use to inform programme improvements.
Qualifications and experience:
- Post Graduate degree or equivalent in Monitoring and Evaluation/Research/Public Health or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing monitoring and evaluation systems for programmes in the health and social development sectors, HIV/AIDS programme experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of data management systems
- Experience managing, consolidating, analysing and reporting on large datasets.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation systems that involve capacity building for field staff and monitoring and promotion of data quality
- Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions
- Experience with bilateral and multilateral donor M&E reporting requirements preferred
Skills and attributes:
- Strong computer skills with work experience using data management systems and MS Office, in particular MS Excel
- Experience in working and communicating across all levels
- Strong planning, time management and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, high stress environment
- Results-oriented, professional, accountable and proactive
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver to a deadline
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Proven ability to work as a team member with multidisciplinary teams.
- Valid drivers’ license, own reliable vehicle and willingness to travel extensively within South Africa.
Submit a concise CV, motivational letter, highest qualifications, driver’s license and NACOSA application form to Melodi Moses, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms are available on our web site at http://www.nacosa.org.za/news.aspx or email HR for further details.
CLOSING DATE: 25 May 2016