YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by President Barack Obama as the United States government’s signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The YALI Regional Leadership Centre Southern Africa (RLC SA) is hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Africa. The RLC SA aims to create critical thinkers who can solve complex, multidisciplinary problems; foster entrepreneurial and innovative thinking; and encourage cross-border communication and multicultural collaboration. The RLC SA develops the skills of young African leaders by providing core training in contemporary African issues, as well as specialised training in three key areas: Business and Entrepreneurship; Civic Leadership and Public Management.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Age (18-35);
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent;
- Proven experience and track record in public management, business and entrepreneurship, or civic leadership;
- Citizen of: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia or Zimbabwe;
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training programme; and
- English language proficiency.
The programme encourages applications from:
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged communities;
- Young leaders living with disabilities;
- People who are HIV positive or who are living with AIDS;
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTIQ communities across the region; and
- Other minority groups.
There is no fee to apply for or attend the programme. Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, lodging, meals, and course materials. All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
Applications for Cohorts 4 and 5 are open until 27 May 2016 (23h59, South Africa Time Zone). The programme is residential and requires a commitment to attend all sessions from 15 August to 9 September 2016 for Cohort 4 or all sessions from 19 September to 14 October 2016 for Cohort 5. Following the residential programme, there is an online project component for three weeks.
To find information and to apply, refer to the YALI RLC SA website: www.yalisouthernafrica.melimu.com
For more information contact:
Head of Recruitment and Selection
YALI Regional Leadership Centre Southern Africa
Tel: +27 11 652 0242
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
For more about YALI Regional Leadership Centre Southern Africa, refer to www.yalisouthernafrica.melimu.com.
To view other opportunities, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities/other.