Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce (SWEAT)
Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce (SWEAT) is a dynamic non-governmental organisation that addresses the health and human rights of sex workers.
SWEAT seeks to appoint a Project Officer, based in Gauteng.
The Project Officer will implement The Gauteng Sex Work Sector activities in the Province, working with sex workers as partners, establishing and entrenching partnerships and ensuring effective implementation of projects to completion. In particular, managed the provincial Department of Health project, and participate in the smooth running of the project in Gauteng.
Start Date: Start immediately.
- To build the capacity of sex workers and sex worker organisations in the Province through the following activities
- Conduct various assessments of partners organisations in the prescribed formats;
- Visit partner organisations and support their activities which includes the provision of administrative and logistical support
- Assist in identifying skills and training needs for key Sisonke personnel
- Identify the needs
- Identify training spaces that can address the skills gap
- Follow up their attendance and provide support
- Identify new organisations working with sex workers and recruit them into the sector
- Recruit sex workers for peer education and HST training
- Assisting organisations to ensure that outreach is conducted and that HST is taking place and targets are met
- Plan life skills workshops “creative spaces’
- Respond to the needs of sex workers and organisations to ensure the implement mentation of this programme in conjunction with Gauteng Provincial Manager, the Sisonke Coordinator and the peer educators
- Ensure reports are prepared with the necessary format and detail and submitted to the Donor within the prescribed time line
- Ensure spending is within the prescribed budget allocations for the project
- Attend meetings and ensure The Gauteng Sex Work Sector has a high profile in the province, and mentor Sisonke to do same
- Attend LAC, DAC and PAC meetings with Sisonke members and mentor their effective participation
- Provide office and admin support in the Gauteng Office as needed
- Participate in team meetings, planning and in the smooth running of the Gauteng Office
- Assist and work with all sector partners
- Assist and work with other sectors
- Advocate for the rights of sex workers and decriminalisation
Key Performance Measures:
- Reports are submitted to donor on time and with the necessary detail
- Meetings are attended and reports drafted
- Life Skills Workshops are well coordinated and organisations are supported to do this
- Organisations are requesting funds for workshops
- Peer educators are trained and supervised
- Capacity building of partners and sex workers is happening
- Outreach happens
- Condoms are distributed
- HST is promoted
- Health info is distributed
- Oversee financial acumen of programme
- Experience in working with sex workers and must have Knowledge and familiarity with the sex work sector
- Knowledge of local languages
- Ability to write reports
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Strong networking and people skills
- Community work and engagement is vital
- Project management experience
- Ability to manage a team
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Passionate about sex work and goal driven
- Ability to work in diverse environments
For additional queries please contact Dianne Massawe on: 011 331 0077
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce refer to www.sweat.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SANGONeT.