Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments is South Africa’s leading corporate social investment manager. Led by a team of thought leaders, Tshikululu provides private sector entities with a one-stop service to undertake comprehensive social investment and community grant making in line with national and international development trends.
Tshikululu Social Investments seeks to appoint a Client Portfolio Manager, based in Johannesburg.
To lead and manage the CRM team by providing strategic direction and operational strategies to ensure that Tshikululu is managing, retaining and growing its client portfolio. The manager is therefore in charge of driving the service strategy and is accountable for customer retention, customer satisfaction, on-boarding new customers, and identifying opportunities to grow current business. To ensure that client relationship management strategies are implemented and aligned to Tshikululu’s strategy of improved profitability and productivity.
Client Fund Management
- Manage the development of specific client strategies by ensuring CRMs are facilitating and participating in strategy development meetings with relevant specialists, engaging with clients on their needs, drafting strategies that align client needs and sector opportunities monthly and according to client SLA
- Manage the implementation of the approved strategies by allocating to CRM’s, defining implementation measures and objectives, setting deadlines and tracking progress monthly
- Identify and resolve challenges that impact on the ability for client strategies to be delivered by identifying challenge, developing a solution and resolving when required
- Ensure that the Tshikululu Industry leadership and innovation is integrated into client strategies and engagements by motivating CRM’s to apply good practise, source new information and apply insights and learning from previous experience to deliver industry leading strategies on an ongoing basis
- Develop and maintain a deep expertise in social investment and fund management to provide value and insights to clients by attending training, engaging in industry debate and discussion, attending and participating in conferences monthly and annually
- Lead the fund management business acquisition process by leading development of proposals, implementing costing models, conducting pitches and presentations, addressing any questions and queries, getting SLA signed (when appropriate) and following up until decision is made
- Identify opportunities, in conjunction with the CRM’s, to increase Tshikululu fund management services within existing clients by engaging with clients, discussing existing contracts, identifying potential opportunities and initiating discussion on providing additional Tshikululu support
- Identify opportunities to initiate Tshikululu Fund Management Services in new clients by engaging with existing clients and receiving referrals, initiating contact with new clients and initiating discussion on providing Tshikululu support and services
- Achieve business development targets by identifying opportunities, building relationships and closing deals annually
- Achieve business retention targets by resolving service issues, building resilient and mutually beneficial relationships and resolving potential customer threats in existing clients annually
- Achieve business development targets by creating an environment which promotes service line development to consistently and profitably meet the requirements of Tshikululu’s current and future clients as required
- Manage customer enhancement requests and works with the technical team to implement changes
- Establish Client Services and Account Management goals and priorities based on company goals
- Provide escalation path for customer issues
Client Relationship Management
- Develop, implement and continue to evolve a client retention strategy/process for the CRM team annually and monthly
- Manage that CRMs have a deep understanding of their clients’ business and social investment strategic objectives by managing client engagement, strategy participation and development and reviewing all client strategies annually
- Develop and manage a standardised methodology of Fund Management service delivery to clients that build effective social investment, deliver robust governance and grow profitability for Tshikululu by applying good practice, engaging with team and experts, developing, implementing and updating as per deadlines
- Evaluate key portfolio relationships and engage with senior stakeholders and clients by attending meetings, representing Tshikululu, supporting delivery of client objectives and resolving client queries and issues within SLA and as required
- Manage that SLA’s are defined according to the Tshikululu procedure and standard and that the SLA’s are delivered and complied with as per defined standards and deadlines
Fund Management Operations
- Build a mutually beneficial and effective working relationship with Specialist Services, Finance, Knowledge and Research teams to ensure that the CRM’s are able to continuously deliver high value social investment through fund management by developing processes, agreeing practice and engagement structures and implementing systems that promote knowledge sharing and operational efficiency monthly and annually
- Develop standardised approaches and processes to ensure effective client management including but not limited to social investment strategy, client management, knowledge sharing and financial reporting on clients by leading policy definition and review meetings, making recommendations, updating policy, processes and approach and communicating to relevant staff and stakeholders within deadline
- Manage that all funds under management are reviewed for compliance to all relevant legislation annually by creating tracking tools, managing implementation and utilisation and reporting as required
- Track and report on SLA and investment delivery by collecting information, developing reports and submitting by the approved deadlines
- Manage that reports required from Fund Management are accurate, complete and compliant by evaluating the standards, checking reports against standards and addressing issues within SLA
Staff Management and Leadership
- Determine short and long term resource requirements within the department and manages capacity
- Implement leadership and management techniques and strategies to develop a motivated and optimally performing team
- Live the Tshikululu values and lead according to the Tshikululu leadership framework to deliver on the strategy
- Monitor and support staff to perform through implementing the values behaviours and performance management system
- Build an environment that is conducive to optimal performance
- Implement the Tshikululu Talent Management strategy, policies and procedures as required.
- Honours degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Commerce or similar (Master’s degree is preferred)
- Minimum five years developing and implementing operational programmes and solutions in SCR, CSR or Transformation experience
- Minimum five years Senior Management Level Client Management experience
- Three to five years’ leadership experience managing a team people
- Business development experience in a professional service environment
Key Interactions / Relationships
- Client Relationship Managers
- Executive: Fund Management and Specialist Services
- Fund Management Clients & Prospective Fund Management Clients
- Manager: Specialist Services
- Manager: Research and Knowledge
- Finance Manager
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other legislation.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for the interview travel cost or relocation cost.
Tshikululu Social Investments reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised.
An application will not in itself, entitle the applicant to an interview. Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
For more about the Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SANGONeT.