Anchor Executive Recruitment
Chief Executive Officer
The Board of Directors of St Luke’s Hospice seeks to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer to develop the organisation to the next level of excellence.
The position is available due to the pending retirement of the current CEO.
A compassionate, non-profit organization, St Luke’s Hospice, rated one of the top hospices in South Africa, is committed to offering palliative care and a range of health support services to enhance the lives of those affected by life-threatening illness. Through well-trained health providers, compassionate care and heartfelt support is given to guide the community during the end-of-life journey, both in-ward and in-home palliative patient care and community-based services.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader, whose Management style encompasses all avenues of business, to ensure St Luke’s Hospice aligns itself as the prominent leader within Palliative care and Hospice organisations nationally. The CEO will take overall accountability for:
- The organisation’s strategic objectives, operational responsibility and utilisation of the organisation’s resources in execution of its mandate,
- Maintaining sound relationships and networks with all stakeholders.
- Exercising accountability to the Board for it to fulfil its functions on all relevant matters.
The following are seen as important requirements to succeed in this role :
- A highly accomplished leader with an appropriate degree or higher qualification,
- A minimum of 10 years demonstrable senior and executive management experience, and a track record of effectively leading an organisation and its staff, and having developed and operationalised strategies that have taken an organisation to a higher stage of growth.
- The successful candidate should preferably have sound knowledge of palliative care and health provision services, have a passion for community development, people management, and sound experience in the NGO/ NPO sector.
The key areas of performance areas will include, but not limited to:
- Management, leading the implementation of the long-term sustainability business model, policy formation and effective achievement of policy objectives, as well as implementation of Board Strategy and Board resolutions.
- Excellence in organisational management and recruitment of relevant staff, in order to develop and lead a multi-faceted executive management team in Finance, Nursing, Social Work, Risk Management, Marketing and Fundraising, along with motivation, well-being and efficiency of staff and volunteers.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codes, as well as sound corporate governance within all facets of the organisation.
- Strong Financial and Administration skills, with direct experience in managing financials.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Afrikaans with IsiXhosa as an advantage. An ability to handle public speaking, planning, problem solving, managing conflict, service delivery innovation, programme and project management.
- Strong marketing and public relations ability to engage and manage a diverse stakeholder and donors base and maintain and develop new relationships with relevant Stakeholders
- Initiating new projects and programmes for the development of the organisation.
A competitive remuneration package is offered based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Applicants are invited to submit their cv’s together with certified copies of qualifications and id via email to Pat Stewart, Managing Director of Anchor Executive Recruitment, who has been appointed to undertake this assignment on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Closing Date of this Position is: 31st MAY, 2016